Zelos Starfighter Chronograph - Aventurine Limited Edition (ETA 2894)
We've picked out the 3 most interesting Zelos Starfighter dial colors for our customers: A mix of grey and blue meteorite, a midnight blue aventurine, and a full reverse lume classic panda.
Why We Love This Watch
This 41mm Zelos Starfighter is named for the the Lockheed F-104 Starfighter, a futuristic looking fighter-bomber from the 1950s and 1960s that was the first aircraft to simultaneously hold the world speed and altitude records. The slim, angular Zelos lug design is a shout-out to the Starfighter's razor sharp looking wing design that enabled it to break the world speed record, and we see other Starfighter design cues from Zelos here as well, including the pilot watch style triangle with two dots on the twelve o'clock index, and the custom rotor design in the form of a turbine.
The midnight blue aventurine dial in this model can twinkle like stars in the sky as it is viewed at different angles, which further adds to the aviation theming of this watch, especially considering the altitude record of the Starfighter. Aventurine dials tend to look absolutely stunning, and we've been really impressed with all of Zelos' prior aventurine offerings. We recommend checking out our Zelos Nova Aventurine photographs or video footage to get a good idea of just how nice these dials can be.
Those stylish good looks on the outside are equally matched with one of the most desirable and reliable Swiss mechanical chronograph movements you can find in a microbrand watch, the high beat 37 jewel ETA 2894-2 in elabore grade. Thanks to this movement choice, surprisingly this mechanical chronograph is thinner than you'd expect and clocks in at just 11mm in height, excluding the scratch resistant boxed sapphire crystal. The rest of the specs are equally good and include Swiss Super-LumiNova BGW9 and C3 two color lume, and a solid link bracelet with quick release pins, screwed links, a really nice taper from 22mm to 18mm, and a double pusher clasp that features a hidden ratcheting micro-adjustment offering four positions with no tools required to make any on the fly micro-adjustments.
Microbrand Watch Specifications
- Type: Aventurine dial bicompax chronograph.
- Reference: Zelos Starfighter Chronograph 'Aventurine'. (Limited Edition.)
- Color Scheme: Midnight blue aventurine dial with blue lume on the major indices, outer track and hands. Aventurine sub-dials. Black bezel with blue lume tachymeter scale and green lume tachymeter label.
- Complications: Date window at 6 o'clock with color matched date wheel. Central chronograph (stopwatch) main second hand. Small seconds time-of-day at 3 o'clock. 30 minute chronograph timer at 9 o'clock.
Water Resistance: 5 ATM / 50 meters / 164 feet.
- Diameter: 41mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 48mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 11mm, excluding crystal.
- Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel case with finely brushed finish contrasted with polished beveled edges and scratch resistant 1200 Vickers hardened finish.
- Case Back: Screw down scratch resistant sapphire crystal exhibition case back displaying the Swiss ETA 2894 elabore movement with custom turbine style rotor.
- Dial Type: Aventurine glass with applied indices and semi-skeletonized handset.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant boxed sapphire crystal with inner AR coating.
- Bezel: Scratch resistant black ceramic bezel with two color lume markings.
- Lume: Swiss Super-LumiNova X1 grade (the most expensive, brightest, and longest lasting vs. standard grade) C3 lume, which glows green, and Swiss Super-LumiNova BGW9 lume, which glows blue.
- Bracelet Included: 22mm solid link 316L marine grade steel bracelet (tapers down to 18mm) with scratch resistant 1200 Vickers hardening, and featuring quick release pins, screwed links and a double pusher milled clasp with ratcheting microadjustments. (No tools needed to make micro-adjustments on the fly.)
- Movement: 37 jewel Swiss ETA 2894-2 elabore grade automatic mechanical movement with custom turbine style rotor.
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: 42 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 year.
We Also Recommend
Zelos Spearfish GMT - Bumblebee Yellow Limited Edition (Swiss Mvmt)
Zelos Spearfish GMT - Frost White Limited Edition (Swiss Mvmt)
Zelos Spearfish GMT - Meteorite Limited Edition (Swiss Mvmt)
Zelos Spearfish GMT - Aventurine Limited Edition (Swiss Mvmt)