Zelos Spearfish GMT - Frost White Limited Edition (Swiss Mvmt)
The Zelos Spearfish GMT is a 40mm dive watch that comes in a range of colors. This is the Zelos Spearfish GMT Frost version, with a textured white "frost" dial and ice-blue accenting.
Why We Love This Watch
With the recent release of a couple of new Japanese GMT movements, we expect to see a fair number of microbrands offering GMTs this year. We love the direction Zelos has taken here. Instead of jumping on the me too bandwagon, they've opted for a more premium high beat Swiss movement with a much greater accuracy, not to mention the extended 56 hour power reserve. This may be particularly important to you if you're traveling with just the one GMT watch, where you'll want to avoid a watch that may be off by the better part of a minute per day, or one that you may worry about needing to wind up while stationary in an airplane, car or train for long periods
To compliment the GMT functionality, we have a 48-click bi-directional GMT bezel that can be rotated in half-hour increments. Very handy for those half-hour timezones. The bezel also allows for a third time zone to be tracked once you're used to reading the location of the GMT hour hand. Other upgrades over the standard 3-hand Zelos Spearfish diver include an elabore grade movement with the robust Incablock shock protection, and an improved hidden ratcheting diver's extension, allowing you to make micro-adjustments to the bracelet size without any tools. Customers familiar with Rolex's Glidelock system should feel right at home here.
The rest of the specs include scratch resistant sapphire crystal on both the front and back of the case, X1 grade (the brightest and longest lasting) Swiss Super-LumiNova lume, and 200 meters of water resistance. In short this is a robust travel watch that you can comfortably wear on your adventures, which is also stylish, with a classic white textured dial. Of course it doesn't hurt that this is a Zelos, so will be in high demand, and the limited edition size is only 110 timepieces.
- Type: Limited edition microbrand GMT dive watch.
- Reference: Zelos Spearfish GMT Frost White.
- Color Scheme: White dial with black bezel, black outer track black edging, and light blue accents on the hands, applied indices, and bezel markings.
- Complications: 24 hour 4th hand to track different time zones. Date window at 6 o'clock with color matched date wheel.
- Limited Edition Size: 110 individually numbered timepieces per colorway.
Water Resistance: 200 meters / 660 feet.
- Diameter: 40mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 47mm.
- Lug Width: 20mm.
- Height: 13½mm, including crystal.
- Case: Marine grade 316L stainless steel case, with scratch resistant 1200 Vickers hardened coating, and a mix of brushed and polished finishes.
- Case Back: Screw down case back with scratch resistant sapphire crystal.
- Dial Type: Textured white dial with a frost or snow pattern and applied indices.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant sapphire crystal with inner anti-reflective coating.
- Bezel: 48 click bidirectional GMT bezel with sapphire crystal insert.
- Lume: Swiss Super-LumiNova X1 grade (the most expensive, brightest, and longest lasting vs. standard grade) C3 lume (glows green) on the hands, applied indices, and bezel markings.
- Bracelet Included: 20mm marine grade 316L stainless steel bracelet that tapers to 18mm at the clasp, with quick release spring bars, screwed links, a scratch resistant 1200 Vickers hardened coating, and a mix of brushed and polished finishes. Milled clasp with double pushers and ratcheting diver's extension that can be adjusted by hand. (No tools required.)
- Movement: Swiss 25 jewel Sellita SW330-2 Elaboré grade automatic GMT movement with Incabloc shock protection and completely custom rotor in a contrasting brass color.
- Oscillation: High beat. 28,800 BPH. (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: 56 hours extended power reserve.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 year.
We Also Recommend
Henry Archer Nordsø - Neon II 316 (Purple Sunburst Dial)
Henry Archer Nordsø - Ecru Sepia LE (Champagne Dial)
Mitch Mason Maelstrom - Steel Blue Sunburst (Compressor Style)
Direnzo DRZ03 Eclipse V2 Silver White - Swiss Made