Straton Tourer GMT (Blue) - Swiss Mvmt
The Straton Tourer GMT comes in a variety of colors. All of the Straton GMTs that we're selling include Straton's solid link bracelet plus a convenient watch travel case. For each color, we are providing two options:
- A 40mm Swiss quartz GMT, a perfect choice for a budget GMT or smaller wrist size.
- A 43mm Swiss automatic GMT with Straton's vintage-style leather rally straps included.
We also sell the similar Straton Tourer Triple Calendar, which includes a second time zone.
Why We Love This Watch
The unique textured sunburst dial, with rays emanating from the center of the dial, and how it catches the light as the angle changes, is both mesmerizing and stunning. This design is continued on the bezel insert which cleverly follows the same colors and ray lines from the center. The entire design is really nicely balanced and symmetrical with the two deliciously curved case sides, (including mirror polished chamfered edges to accent the curves,) dual symmetrical crowns, and date window centrally at 6 o'clock.
We particularly like the vivid and stylish use of color accents in the Straton Tourer GMT, with AM and PM differentiated in the four color bezel insert, and with the AM and PM accent markings being nicely picked up on by the second and GMT hands. Another nice touch is that the coin-edged bezel is a true GMT 120-click bi-directional 24 hour bezel, helping set this GMT apart from an annoyingly large number of unidirectional offerings, while also giving GMT-savvy wearers an option of a third time zone. Inside the separately rotating chapter ring offers the bonus of a 60 minute timer too.
The rest of the specs are everything we've come to love in a Straton, and include Swiss Super-LumiNova C3 lume, (the brightest color,) a choice of two different Swiss movements, scratch resistant domed sapphire crystal with an inner anti-reflective coating, and a 200 meter water rating, making this a GMT you can be comfortable wearing on vacation no matter the adventure, from underwater excursions to fine dining. We think this watch is an eye catcher that is sure to start a few conversations.
Last but not least, the very short lug-to-lug lengths of this design mean that the 43mm option wears more like a typical 40mm, (due to the 48½mm lug-to-lug length more common to 40mm watches,) and the 40mm option's 45mm lug-to-lug length make this a very versatile watch that will also suit many smaller ladies wrist sizes.
General Watch Specifications
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Straton Tourer GMT Type A (Blue).
- Complications: 24 hour GMT hand, date window at 6 o'clock, Alternative time zone via rotating bezel. 60 minutes timer via separately rotating chapter ring.
- Color Scheme: Blue, silver & white with orange & cyan accents. Green lume glow.
- Water Resistance: 20 ATM / 200 meters / 660 feet.
- Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel curved cushion case with a finely brushed silver colored finish, and mirror polished chamfered edges.
- Crowns: Matching signed double crowns. One crown is used to wind and adjust the local time, day of week, date and GMT time. The other crown is used to adjust the 60 minute timer by rotating the chapter ring.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel screw down case case back with latitude and longitude globe illustration.
- Dial Type: A textured sunburst dial with applied indices and logo, an edged inset date window at 6 o'clock, and an outer track with sub-second markings.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
- Bezel: 120 click bidirectional marine grade 316L stainless steel 24 hour GMT bezel with different color AM and PM accents and a hardened aluminium scratch resistant insert continuing the brushed sunburst color and effect of the dial. A separately rotating chapter ring below can be used as a minutes timer.
- Lume: Swiss Super-LumiNova C3 on the applied indices, hands and bezel markings. C3 glows green, and is the strongest Swiss Super-LumiNova color.
Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
Straton Tourer GMT — 43mm Option
Diameter: 43mm (excluding crowns.)
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 48½mm. (The same as many 40mm watches.)
- Lug Width: 22mm.
Straps Included: 1x set of 22mm vintage-style blue leather rally straps with matching orange stitching and signed hardware. 1x 22mm solid link 316L marine grade stainless steel jubilee-style bracelet with a mix of finely brushed and mirror polished finishes, and a signed diver's clasp.
- Movement: 28 jewel Swiss Made Swisstech S24-45 GMT automatic movement.
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Accuracy: All positions average of no more than +- 12 seconds per day when fully wound, with +- 20 seconds per day isochronism.
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: 40 hours.
Straton Tourer GMT — 40mm Option
Diameter: 40mm (excluding crowns.)
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 45mm.
- Lug Width: 20mm.
Straps Included: 1x 22mm solid link 316L marine grade stainless steel jubilee-style bracelet with a mix of finely brushed and mirror polished finishes, and a signed diver's clasp.
- Movement: Swiss Made Ronda 515.24H GMT quartz movement.
- Accuracy: -10/+20 seconds a month.
- Standard Battery: No. 371. (1½ volts.)
- Power Reserve: 45 months (3 years and 9 months) with normal use.
We Also Recommend
RZE Resolute Super Compressor - Medallion Yellow (Titanium) LE
Straton Legera Std - Swiss Valjoux 7753 (Brown)
Hemel Air Wing - Full Lume Ivory Panda
Hemel Air Wing - Black (Swan Neck Regulator)