Straton Legera Std - Swiss Valjoux 7753 (Brown)
Straton Watch Company's Legera chronograph comes in a variety of colors and styles, with each color having the option of either a highly desirable Swiss ETA Valjoux 7750 or 7753 automatic movement, or a more economically priced VK63 or VK67 mecha-quartz hybrid.
This is the standard edition, with the crown and pushers traditionally placed on the right ,and featuring a highly desirable Swiss ETA/Valjoux 7753 mechanical automatic movement.
The package comes with a convenient travel case and a two year manufacturer's warranty.
Why We Love This Watch
Straton are a Swiss microbrand rightly famous for their 1970s vintage automotive racing themed chronographs, and in our opinion have produced some of the very best offerings in this genre. The Straton Legera raises the bar to even higher standards, and the color scheme here, with the carefully coordinated vintage-style rally straps and playful outer track design, is nothing short of exquisite. Look closely though and you'll see a great attention to detail too. While admiring the curves on the case you might pick up on the subtle mirror polished bevel that helps contrast the edge with the finely brushed finish on the rest of the case. Or, perhaps you're admiring the subtle dish shape of the dial and how Straton have carefully married traditional chronograph functions such as a tachometer (found inside the chapter ring) with a 12 hour rotating bezel featuring a second time zone without any sign of clutter. Lots to see here.
Good looks and styling aside, the Straton Legera is not just a chronograph but can also double or triple as a dive watch or robust travel watch or field watch, with it's 100 meter water rating, Swiss Super-Luminova lume, 120 click unidirectional sapphire bezel with second time zone and domed sapphire glass. This is truly one hell of a versatile timepiece, and looks particularly good on Straton's optional oyster bracelet.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Straton Legera Standard 7753 Type D (Brown).
- Complications: Chronograph/stopwatch sub-dials for elapsed minutes and hours, main second hand for chronograph elapsed seconds with current time in seconds on sub-dial, rotating bezel for optional second time zone.
- Color Scheme: Brown with orange and silver.
- Water Resistance: 10 ATM / 100 meters / 330 feet.
- Diameter: 44mm.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 50mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 16mm.
- Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel with silver colored finish and a subtle mix of finely brushed and mirror polished surfaces.
- Crown: Signed gnurled crown, with crown and pushers located in the usual position on the 3 o'clock side of the case.
- Case Back: Solid screw down case case back with deep illustration.
- Dial Type: Multi-layered dish-shaped sunburst dial with snailed sunburst concentric circles on sub-dial, multi-colored outer track and applied indices.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
- Bezel: 120 click unidirectional scratch resistant ceramic bezel with 12 hour markers for an optional second time zone or counting dive minute multiples. Fixed chapter ring below has traditional tachometer chronograph markings.
- Lume: Swiss Super-Luminova BGW9 (blue.)
- Straps Included: 1x set of 22mm vintage rally-style orange-brown leather straps with matching stitching.
- Movement: 25 jewel Swiss ETA Valjoux 7753 automatic mechanical chronograph movement with 30 minutes and 12 hours sub-dials. (A variation of the ETA Valjoux 7750.)
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Up to 48 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.