Straton Classic Driver "B" (Black Dial)
The 40mm Straton Classic Driver chronograph comes with a solid link marine grade stainless steel bracelet with custom end links and a signed diver's clasp, plus a convenient travel case. It also has a 200 meter water resistance rating, making this a watch you can swim and dive with. Perhaps it should've been name The Classic Driver Diver!
We provide two color choices for the Straton Classic Driver: this black dial version, with silver colored sub-dials, and a classic panda dial version, with a white dial and black sub-dials. For those with larger wrists, you may want to check out the very similar 44mm Straton Daily Driver, which comes on the same style bracelet.
Why We Love This Watch
The Classic Driver and Daily Driver series are Straton's first forays into more economically priced chronographs, bringing a new opportunity to pick up a highly sought after Straton timepiece at a more affordable price, which includes a custom solid link bracelet. All black models generally tend to be very popular options which can look very stylish and sophisticated and work well with almost any wardrobe. This watch is no exception, with the silver-colored sunburst dials, and silver-colored edging around the date window and indices subtly picking up on the silver-colored case and bracelet. A very clean, well-executed and classic design.
We also love the 200 meter water rating, actually better than the 100 meter rating found in many dive watches. Combining the water rating with scratch resistant sapphire glass, a diver's bracelet, and a very reliable movement that's accurate to better than a second per day, makes the Classic Driver a very versatile timepiece. With classic elegance and good looks, you can wear this watch with a suit, casually, or take it on vacation to enjoy in and out of the water.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Straton Classic Driver Type B (Black Dial.)
- Complications: Chronograph with sub-dial on left to track 60 minutes, and central main second hand to track the chronograph seconds. (Sub-dial on right is to show the current time in seconds.) Date window at 6 o'clock.
- Color Scheme: Black dial, silver-colored sub-dials and black bezel.
- Water Resistance: 20 ATM / 200 meters / 660 feet.
- Diameter: 40mm.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 48mm.
- Lug Width: 20mm.
- Height: 12½mm.
- Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel with silver colored finish.
- Crown: Signed crown with pushers either side.
- Case Back: Solid screw down marine grade stainless steel case back.
- Dial Type: Multi-layered dial with snailed sunburst concentric circles on silver-colored sub-dials.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
- Bezel: Fixed bezel with tachometer chronograph scale.
- Lume: Only the main hour and minute hands and major indices are lumed.
- Straps Included: Solid link bracelet with cuved end links and signed diver's clasp.
- Movement: Miyota 6S21 quartz movement. Accuracy +- 20 seconds/month. (Better than +- 1 second per day.)
- Tick Rate: 4 ticks per second main chronograph second hand instead of the more typical 1 tick per second found on most quartz.
- Hacks: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Up to 3 years battery life with normal operation.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
Melbourne Portsea Calendar — Black (Triple Calendar) with Ceramic Dial
Relio Solstice Red - Sports Watch (Burgundy Fumé Sunburst)
Relio Solstice Teal - Sports Watch (Blue-Green Sunburst)
Ballast Trafalgar BL-3133-01 (Rotate Bezel to Wind/Adjust)