Straton Classic Driver "C" (Panda Dial)
The 40mm Straton Classic Driver chronograph comes with a solid link marine grade stainless steel bracelet with custom end links and a signed diver's clasp, plus a convenient travel case. It also has a 200 meter water resistance rating, making this a watch you can swim and dive with. Perhaps it should've been name The Classic Driver Diver!
We provide two color choices for the Straton Classic Driver: a black dial version, with silver colored sub-dials, and this classic panda dial version, with a white dial and black sub-dials. For those with larger wrists, you may want to check out the very similar 44mm Straton Daily Driver, which comes on the same style bracelet.
Why We Love This Watch
Who doesn't love a panda dial? Elegant, yet easy to read, the design is a classic that is easily the single most popular chronograph color scheme among watch collectors. As well as being (we believe) Straton's very first panda dial model, the Classic Driver and Daily Driver series are Straton's first forays into more economically priced timepieces, bringing a new opportunity to pick up a highly sought after Straton chronograph at a more affordable price, which includes a custom solid link bracelet.
We also love the 200 meter water rating, actually better than the 100 meter rating found in many dive watches. Combining the water rating with scratch resistant sapphire glass, a diver's bracelet, and a very reliable movement that's accurate to better than a second per day, makes the Classic Driver a very versatile timepiece. With classic elegance and good looks, you can wear this watch with a suit, casually, or take it on vacation to enjoy in and out of the water.
As a convenience for our customers, rather than having to wait until the panda dial Straton Classic Driver is back in stock, we're now accepting orders against our next shipment, which is due to arrive in June. We'll post any updates here as we move closer to the shipping date, and once these watches are back in stock, we'll be shipping them on to our customers via an express airmail service.
As always, you may cancel your back order of this watch at any time, right up until we package your watch to ship it to you.
Straton have shipped these watches to us and we're tracking the delivery.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Straton Classic Driver Type C (Panda Dial.)
- Complications: Chronograph with sub-dial on left to track 60 minutes, and central main second hand to track the chronograph seconds. (Sub-dial on right is to show the current time in seconds.) Date window at 6 o'clock.
- Color Scheme: White dial, black sub-dials and black bezel.
- Water Resistance: 20 ATM / 200 meters / 660 feet.
- Diameter: 40mm.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 48mm.
- Lug Width: 20mm.
- Height: 12½mm.
- Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel with silver colored finish.
- Crown: Signed crown with pushers either side.
- Case Back: Solid screw down marine grade stainless steel case back.
- Dial Type: Multi-layered dial with snailed sunburst concentric circles on sub-dials.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
- Bezel: Fixed bezel with tachometer chronograph scale.
- Lume: Only the main hour and minute hands and major indices are lumed.
- Straps Included: Solid link bracelet with cuved end links and signed diver's clasp.
- Movement: Miyota 6S21 quartz movement. Accuracy +- 20 seconds/month. (Better than +- 1 second per day.)
- Tick Rate: 4 ticks per second main chronograph second hand instead of the more typical 1 tick per second found on most quartz.
- Hacks: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Up to 3 years battery life with normal operation.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
Straton Tourer Triple Calendar (Rust Brown) 200m
Straton Tourer Triple Calendar (Black) 200m
Straton Tourer GMT (Rust Brown) - Swiss Mvmt
Straton Legera Standard - Swiss Valjoux 7753 (Brown)