Ocean Crawler Core Diver GMT (Black/White) LE - 600m Swiss Mvmt (Regulated)
This version of the 44mm Ocean Crawler Core Diver GMT features a black and white color scheme with a full reverse lume (BGW9 blue) on the first 20 minutes of the bezel, and comes in a travel case with a mesh bracelet and a pair of canvas straps.
Why We Love This Watch
Only 50 of these limited edition Ocean Crawler Core Diver GMT watches have been made with this bold color scheme, (an Ocean Crawler hallmark,) making this quite a rare beast. Rarer still is the choice of a high end Swiss Soprod C125 automatic mechanical GMT movement that powers this timepiece. The Soprod C125 is considered a better and more expensive movement than the alternative Swiss ETA or Swiss Sellita options which we typically see. It comes with a very convenient quick-set GMT hand. Add to this heady mix the fact that the movement has been carefully regulated to be even more accurate than when it left Soprod's factory, and you can see why we're completely in love with this watch.
Every Ocean Crawler Core Diver GMT, without exception, has been immersed in water and pressure tested up to a water resistance rating of 2,000 feet, something most microbrands don't do. Ocean Crawler even go so far as to test each watch with ten different shock tests, the severest of which is the 6,000G impact hammer test, hundreds of times more g-force than in typical car crash tests. Ocean Crawler is a very apt name indeed for this brand, as you can feel comfortable traversing the ocean floor wearing one of these timepieces.
The specs on the Ocean Crawler Core Diver GMT are equally impressive. The helium escape valve here actually adds to the balanced look of the design. The sapphire glass is 4mm thick. The Swiss Super-Luminova C3 lume, (the brightest color,) is seven layers thick on the ceramic sapphire glass bezel. We think you get the picture. Little wonder that this watch microbrand is comfortable providing a five year manufacturer's warranty with each watch, something you can take advantage of through The Microbrand Store™ as an Ocean Crawler authorized dealer.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Ocean Crawler Core Diver GMT - Black/White.
- Limited Edition Size: 50 per color. (200 individually numbered timepieces split equally into four different color schemes.) See all four colors schemes.
- Complications: Additional 24 hour quick-set GMT hand with a second time zone. Date window at 6 o'clock.
- Color Scheme: Black, with white accents & touch of orange, in a silver-colored case.
- Water Resistance: 60 ATM / 600 meters / 2,000 feet.
- Diameter: 44mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 50mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 15.6mm.
- Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel with silver colored finish in a subtle mix of finely brushed and mirror polished surfaces. Includes a helium escape valve.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel with individual serial number.
- Dial: Brushed black dial with silver-colored applied indices containing Swiss Super-Luminova C3 lume, a white outer track with 24 hour markings. Date window at 6.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant 4mm thick sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
- Bezel: 120 click unidirectional glossy black scratch resistant ceramic sapphire bezel insert with 7 layers of Swiss Super-Luminova C3 lume. The bezel is mostly a glossy black but the first 20 minutes have a white background that's fully reverse lumed with Swiss Super-Luminova BGW9, which gives off a blue glow.
- Lume: Swiss Super-Luminova C3 lume, which is the brightest Super-Luminova color, plus contrasting BGW9 blue lume on a portion of the bezel.
- Straps Included: A polished mesh bracelet, plus a pair of black canvas straps with orange stitching which matches the GMT hand and tip of the second hand.
- Movement: 25 jewel Swiss Soprod C125 automatic mechanical GMT movement. (Based on the Soprod A10-2/M100.) Please note that this movement has been regulated by a trained watchsmith to run at a greater accuracy than stock factory movements.
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes. Bi-directional rotor winding.
- Power Reserve: 42 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 5 years.
We Also Recommend
RZE Resolute Super Compressor - Medallion Yellow (Titanium) LE
Aerotec Ace X GMT Diver - Candy Apple Red
Aerotec Ace X GMT Diver - Burgundy/Black
Aerotec Ace X GMT Diver - Silver-Colored