Meccaniche Veneziane Nereide GMT San Marco
These Swiss Made watches are manufactured in Switzerland and feature elabore grade mechanical movements that track a second time zone with an extra 24 hour "GMT" hand, and for those used to GMT hand positions, a third time zone by rotating the bezel.
Each watch has been serviced and specially regulated by The Microbrand Store's watchmaker for the maximum possible accuracy in the dial-up position of ~+/- 2 seconds per day or better.
The MV Nereide GMT comes with vintage leather straps, handmade in Italy, all beautifully presented in a wooden presentation box that is also hand-crafted in Italy.
We also sell an optional MV Jubilee style solid link bracelet for this watch.
Why We Love This Watch
Apart from having great specs, a reliable Swiss mechanical movement, (which is often found in more expensive timepieces,) domed sapphire glass with an anti-reflective coating, Swiss Super-Luminova lume, and a 200 meter water rating, it's all about the looks. Buyers can go for either a classic look that is clearly inspired by and a nod to more famous timepieces from Rolex and others, while still maintaining the individuality of a microbrand, or go with some rich and very distinctive colors that Meccaniche Veneziane bring to the table with their San Marco, Basalto, and Topazio offerings.
The hand-crafted leather straps and their stitching are also very integral to the overall look with perfectly matched rich color options that are very well done. Looks-wise, this attention to detail is carried over with diamond-cut hands and indices, vibrant colors on the enameled bezel, a generous helping of either C1 or Old Radium lume on the hands, applied indices, and bezel pip, and the custom decorated rotor. It seems over 800 backers on Kickstarter felt the same way about the Nereide GMT.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Meccaniche Veneziane Nereide GMT San Marco NRD-GMT-SNM.
- Complications: Second time zone with 24 hour hand, date window at 3 o'clock.
- Color Scheme: Black, red/yellow/orange and silver with white and gold accents.
- Water Resistance: 20 ATM / 200 meters / 660 feet.
- Diameter: 42mm, excluding crown guards and crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 49mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 13mm excluding crystal.
- Case: 316L marine grade steel case with brushed silver-colored finish.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade steel screw down exhibition case back featuring a decorated movement and custom rotor.
- Dial Type: Matt black dial with applied diamond-cut indices.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
- Bezel: 120 click red and yellow / orange root beer style unidirectional enameled bezel.
- Lume: Swiss Super-Luminova C1 lume.
- Straps Included: 22mm hand-crafted Italian vintage leather straps.
- Movement: In house MV297. (A 25 jewel Swiss Sellita SW330-1 elabore grade GMT automatic movement with Côtes de Genève and perlage decorations, plus a custom decorated rotor.)
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: 42 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years for EU customers, 1 year for all other customers.
We Also Recommend
Celeste Rise - Mother-of-Pearl - Swiss Mvmt
Gruppo Gamma Divemaster Mk II DG-01 - Swiss ETA 2824-2
Gruppo Gamma Divemaster Mk II DG-02 - Swiss ETA 2824-2
Gruppo Gamma Divemaster Mk II DG-04 - Swiss ETA 2824-2