TACS Automatic Vintage Lens II (AVL II) - Dark Metal
This version of the TACS AVL II (Automatic Vintage Lens II) watch features a gunmetal-colored case and come on a matching bracelet. We also sell a version with a silver-colored case, which comes on vintage style Horween calfskin leather straps.
Why We Love This Watch
The attention to detail in the vintage camera theme of the TACS Automatic Vintage Lens II is simply astounding. TACS could've chosen to cut a number of corners here, but instead they've gone above and beyond with a lot of photography-themed touches, such as:
- A bi-directional smoothly rotating bezel that moves just like the manual focus ring on a vintage camera. Of course focal length marking are also included and the outer edge of the bezel has that classic diamond-cut knurled grip which is also matched by the diamond-cut knurling on the crown.
- Overall the case design mimics a camera. Even the crown guard is in the form of a loop mount.
- A very large scratch resistant sapphire crystal fish eye lens with an anti-reflective coating that looks just like a camera lens.
- Under the lens is a multi-layered dial giving the impression of an underlying shutter with a skeletonized movement at the heart of the dial.
- A leather lens cap reminiscent of camera lens caps of the past.
This is quite a conversation piece, but the overall quality of this timepiece equally matches the level of the aesthetics too, and includes a 100 meter water rating with a screw-down crown, an ultra-reliable movement, a 316L marine grade stainless steel case, a scratch resistant sapphire crystal exhibition case back with a decorated movement inside, Swiss Super-Luminova lume, and a matching solid link bracelet with quick release pins and a hidden butterfly clasp.
This Dark Metal Edition features a gunmetal/dark grey colored case that we think adds that extra touch to help set this watch apart. Exclusive to The Microbrand Store™, all of our TACS watches also come with a subtle TMS engraving on the side of the watch case, next to the individually engraved serial number.
- Type: Pseudo-microbrand watch.
- Reference: TACS Automatic Vintage Lens II D (AVL II/AVL2) - Dark Metal. TS1803D.
Color Scheme: Gunmetal (dark grey) colored case and bracelet.
- Water Resistance: 10 ATM / 100 meters / 330 feet.
- Diameter: 46½mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: TBD.
- Lug Width: 24mm.
- Height: 16mm.
- Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel with a dark gunmetal-colored finish, designed to look like a camera case. Each watch has a unique serial number engraved along with a subtle TMS engraving to represent The Microbrand Store.
- Case Back: Scratch resistant sapphire glass exhibition case-back with decorated movement plate.
- Dial Type: Three layer dial designed to look like a camera shutter, with inset skeletonized movement
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant sapphire crystal in the shape of a fish-eye camera lens with anti-reflective coating. A vintage-style camera lens cap is also provided.
- Bezel: Bidirectional free rotating bezel that mimics a camera lens movement, with camera lens markings.
- Lume: Swiss Super-Luminova C3 (the brightest color) on hands, dial markings, and bezel markings.
- Straps Included: 1x 24mm gunmetal-colored 3-link oyster-style solid link signed bracelet with hidden butterfly clasp and quick release pins.
- Movement: 21 jewel Miyota 82S0 skeletonized automatic movement.
- Oscillation: 21,600 BPH, (6 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: No.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Over 41 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
TACS Automatic Vintage Lens II (AVL II) - Silver
Draken Kalahari Limited Edition (Black Dial, Black Case)
Viqueria Levante - Imola Blue - Full Pack (Limited Edition)
Straton Tourer Triple Calendar (Rust Brown) 200m