Gruppo Gamma Peacemaker PA-05 - Swiss ETA 2824-2
Why We Love This Watch
We're very excited to be able to bring the Gruppo Gamma Peacemaker Mark II to The Microbrand Store. The Peacemaker has undoubtedly been Gruppo Gamma's most iconic offering, and the model collectors tend to think of first when looking at this watch microbrand, having been produced in various forms by Gruppo Gamma since 2017. Here we have the classic 1950s Italian dive watch homage that the microbrand is so well known for, married with Gruppo Gamma's own design language, bringing us the Gruppo Gamma Peacemaker PA-05.
Bucking the current trend of smaller is better, with seemingly almost every microbrand offering being 40mm or less these days, it is refreshing to see this Peacemaker Mark II comes in at a more classically sized 43mm, just 1mm less than the preceeding Mark I. We're treated to a lovely fumé gradient dial that transitions from an almost black outer edge, which works so well with the case color here, to a soft blue core, that also works extremely well with the choice of vintage cream-colored Old Radium Swiss Super-LumiNova lume. Lume-wise this watch does not disappoint, and the sandwich dial has lumed cut-outs, not just for the hour markings but also for every second/minute marking on the outer track. The vintage theme is continued in the 316L marine grade stainless steel case, which has an aged steel finish, giving it a fantastic blackened look, which we think is the perfect choice for this fumé dial.
Good looks aside, what makes all of the Gruppo Gammas we've stocked so special, is the build quality and robustness of each timepiece. You really have to handle one to know this, with typically buttery smooth winding that makes using the watch a real pleasure, and the majority of watches we've handled having exemplary accuracy compared to what we typically see from other microbrands. At the heart is a high-beat Swiss ETA 2824-2 automatic movement, well known for it's longevity and reliability. Other specifications include 200 meters of water resistance, double that of many dive watches, and scratch resistant sapphire crystal on both the front and exhibition case back, placing this classic-looking timepiece very much in the tool watch category.
The Gruppo Gamma Peacemaker PA-05 Mark II comes in a watch travel case, with a warranty card, multi-function watch tool, and our microfiber cleaning cloth.
The multi-function watch tool is a perfect example of Gruppo Gamma's attention to detail. The elegant almost black blue color that reminds us of heat treated blued hands on a watch, and when screwed together the Gruppo Gamma logo at both ends of course always line up. One end has a pin push tool, very useful for those fully drilled lugs, and the other end a screwdriver for undoing the buckle screws. If you pull out the tool tips, on the underside are spring bar tools, very useful for pushing down on spring bars to insert straps. As a final attention to detail, the tool can also be unscrewed in the middle and conveniently used as two separate tools.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Gruppo Gamma Peacemaker Mark II PA-05.
- Color Scheme: Blue fumé sandwich dial with an aged steel finished case.
- Water Resistance: 20 ATM / 200 meters / 660 feet.
- Diameter: 43mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 52½mm.
- Lug Width: 24mm.
- Height: 13mm.
- Case: Marine grade 316L stainless steel with a vintage black aged steel finish, and fully drilled lugs.
- Case Back: Screw down exhibition case back with a scratch resistant sapphire crystal window. Each watch is individually numbered on the case back.
- Dial: Sandwich dial construction with a cream-colored lumed lower layer that shows through the cut outs for the hour and second/minute markings. The upper layer's fumé gradient starts almost black on the outside of the dial and graduates to a blue center. Matching cream markings and lumed hands.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant boxed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
- Lume: Swiss Super-LumiNova Old Radium vintage lume color, applied to the hour hand, minute hand and hour, minute and second indices.
- Straps Included: 1x pair of 24mm vintage-style brown leather straps (tapers to 22mm at the buckle) with matching aged steel hardware. Strap lengths are 125mm and 75mm approximately.
- Movement: 25 jewel Swiss ETA 2824-2 automatic mechanical movement, with an accuracy adjusted by Gruppo Gamma to be between +/- 12 seconds per day. We have generally found that the majority of these timepieces have been regulated to run between 0 and +4 or so seconds per day.
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Up to 38 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
Minor Heritage Classic Beige - Swiss Made Limited Edition
Minor Heritage Electric Blue - Swiss Made Limited Edition
Ballast Trafalgar BL-3133-01 (Rotate Bezel to Wind/Adjust)
Aerotec Ace X GMT Diver - Candy Apple Red