Zelos Swordfish 40mm Titanium - Red Meteorite “Blood Moon”
We've cherry picked two of the most interesting Zelos Swordfish 40mm titanium dive watches: a red meteorite dial, (the first time we've seen a meteorite in red,) and a forged carbon watch that can really play with the light. (Please check our the earlier Hammerhead II forged carbon model, to get an idea of just how nice these can look.)
Please note that at the time of writing this overview, these two designs have been very popular and are already sold out on Zelos' site, and we only have a limited quantity available for ordering. Each watch also includes a watch travel case, wooden box, and Zelos warranty card.
Why We Love This Watch
We've seen plenty of meteorite dials before, which are always interesting due to their extra-terrestrial origin, with intriguing Widmanstätten patterns that add a textured dimension that can play with the light. However, we've never seen a red meteorite dial before, and as far as we know this may well be a first from Zelos.
As well as having an eye-catching red dial with a story behind it, this Zelos Swordfish also excels at night too when the red gives way to some very strong lume in two colors. Zelos are rightly famous for their well lumed dive watches that tend to glow bright and last a long time. Here we have X1 grade (the most expensive option, lasting 60% longer and glowing 60% brighter than standard grade) Swiss Super-LumiNova lume in C3, the brightest color, which gives off a strong green glow on the hands, major indices, and bezel markings. Constrasting with the excellent green lume is a full reverse lume Swiss Super-LumiNova BGW9 cyan blue lume on the outer track.
Contrasts are very much a theme with this Zelos design, and we can also see contrasting brushed and polished finishes on the titanium case and titanium bracelet, which is stronger and approximately 30% lighter than the equivalent steel. As we'd expect from a Zelos 200 meter dive watch, the titanium bracelet also features screwed links and a diver's safety clasp with a generous six micro-adjusts, and the rest of the specs are equally good with scratch resistant sapphire crystal, a scratch resistant ceramic bezel, and one of the most reliable automatic movements available.
- Type: Microbrand dive watch.
- Reference: Zelos Swordfish 40mm Titanium Red Meteorite "Blood Moon".
- Color Scheme: Red dial with white outer track and black bezel. C3 lume color (green glow) on the hands, indices and bezel markings. Contrasting BGW9 lume color (cyan blue glow) on the outer track.
Complications: Date window at 6 o'clock with color matched date wheel.
- Limited Edition Size: 300 individually numbered timepieces.
Water Resistance: 200 meters / 660 feet.
- Diameter: 40mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 46mm.
- Lug Width: 20mm.
- Height: 12mm.
- Case: Titanium case with brushed finish contrasted with polished beveled edges.
- Case Back: Screw down case back with illustration of a swordfish.
- Dial Type: Raised natural extra-terrestrial meteorite with thin red PVD finish, set with sunken applied major indices and outer track. Outer track has blue lume. Hands and major indices have green lume.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant sapphire crystal with inner anti-reflective coating.
- Bezel: 120 click unidirectional scratch resistant matte ceramic bezel with fully lumed markings. (Green lume.)
- Lume: Swiss Super-LumiNova X1 grade (the most expensive, brightest, and longest lasting vs. standard grade) C3 lume. (Glows green, the brightest color.) Contrasting Swiss Super-LumiNova BGW9 lume (glows blue) on the outer track, which is fully reverse lumed.
- Bracelet Included: 22mm Titanium bracelet with screwed links and a milled diver's safety clasp with six micro-adjusts. Bracelet matches the watch's side profile with a generally brushed finished that is accented with polished beveled edges.
Movement: 24 jewel Seiko NH35A automatic movement.
- Oscillation: 21,600 BPH, (6 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Over 41 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 year.
We Also Recommend
Melbourne Portsea Calendar — Black (Triple Calendar) with Ceramic Dial
Relio Solstice Red - Sports Watch (Burgundy Fumé Sunburst)
Relio Solstice Teal - Sports Watch (Blue-Green Sunburst)
Aerotec Ace - Vintage Brown (CuSn8 Bronze)