Zelos Spearfish - Burnt Orange LE - Swiss La Joux‑Perret Regulated Mvmt
We've cherry picked our favorite two Zelos Spearfish models, the Burnt Orange and Forged Carbon. Both are 40mm limited editions. Zelos quickly sold out of these 200 meter rated Zelos Spearfish dive watches as soon as they were released, but by delaying our own release in The Microbrand Store, we're able to offer possibly the last chance for Zelos collectors to pick up these highly desirable limited edition Zelos Spearfish timepieces from an authorized retailer.
Why We Love This Watch
La Joux-Perret G100 Swiss Soigné Grade Regulated Movement
We're not just excited about the obvious good looks of the Zelos Spearfish Burnt Orange limited edition. The icing on the cake here is the new high beat G100 24 jewel Swiss movement from La Joux-Perret, with it's 68 hour extended power reserve, something you only tend to see in low beat movements unless you move into the realm of luxury watches.
Of course La Joux-Perret are no strangers when it comes to supplying the luxury market as well, and are renowned for their Swiss tourbillons, split seconds, grand dates, jumping hands and other movements we see in the likes of watches from Baume & Mercier, Raymond Weil, Louis Vuitton, Concord, Corum, Hublot, Montblanc, Eberhard & Co., Panerai, Graham, Franck Muller, Paul Picot, Girard-Perregaux, Carl F. Bucherer, and Jaquet Droz, among others.
Zelos opted for customized Soigné grade movements here, the highest grade of movement, with an increased average accuracy of between 0 and +/- 7 seconds per day when fully wound from the factory. Average accuracy is expected to be better since Zelos have further regulated these watches in four positions. As a final touch, Zelos have put their own stamp on the look of these movements, with Geneva striping, gunmetal finishing on the base plate, and tungsten rotor, all of which can be thoroughly enjoyed through the sapphire crystal exhibition case-back.
Superbly Engineered Tool Watch
Zelos are famous for their solidly built dive watches and the Spearfish is no exception, from the 200 meter water rating, double that of many other dive watches, to the scratch resistant case and bracelet hardening, scratch resistant ceramic bezel with an amazingly crisp action, scratch resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating, X1 grade (the best possible) Swiss Super-LumiNova two color lume, and a convenient ratcheting diver's extension that can be adjusted on the fly, no tools required.
Eye-Catching Unique Dial Design
We think this is one of the very best fume sunburst dials we've ever seen. As soon as we unboxed our delivery, the store's owner immediately had to grab one for his own watch box. The textured dial gives a feeling of depth as you move from the black outer edge and the color slowly graduates towards the orange core. The orange core has a radiating pattern that makes it seem like motion has been captured, especially in sunlight with the sunburst effect which changes as you move your wrist. One can easily imagine looking up at the sunset while diving under water here.
Videos / Reviews
- Type: Limited edition microbrand dive watch.
- Reference: Zelos Spearfish 40mm Burnt Orange Diver.
- Color Scheme: Black to orange gradient dial with white markings. Black bezel with white markings and orange accent. Green and blue lume.
- Complications: Date window at 6 o'clock with color matched date wheel.
- Limited Edition Size: 200 individually numbered timepieces per colorway.
Water Resistance: 200 meters / 660 feet.
- Diameter: 40mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 47mm.
- Lug Width: 20mm.
- Height: 11½mm, excluding crystal.
- Case: Marine grade 316L stainless steel case, with scratch resistant 1200 Vickers hardened coating, and a mix of brushed and polished finishes.
- Case Back: Screw down exhibition case back with scratch resistant sapphire crystal.
- Dial Type: Unique textured fume sunburst dial with applied major indices.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant sapphire crystal with inner anti-reflective coating.
- Bezel: 120 click unidirectional bezel with scratch resistant ceramic insert and fully lumed markings.
- Lume: Swiss Super-LumiNova X1 grade (the most expensive, brightest, and longest lasting vs. standard grade) C3 lume. (Glows green, the brightest color.) Contrasting Super-LumiNova BGW9 lume (glows blue) on the second hand.
- Bracelet Included: 20mm marine grade 316L stainless steel bracelet, with quick release spring bars, screwed links, a scratch resistant 1200 Vickers hardened coating, and a mix of brushed and polished finishes. Milled clasp with double pushers and hidden ratcheting diver's extension that can be adjusted by hand. (No tools required.)
- Movement: Swiss 24 jewel G100 Soigné grade automatic mechanical movement from La Joux-Perret, regulated in four positions.
- Oscillation: High beat. 28,800 BPH. (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: 68 hours extended power reserve.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 year.
We Also Recommend
Gruppo Gamma Divemaster Mk II DG-02 - Swiss ETA 2824-2
Melbourne Portsea Calendar — Black (Triple Calendar) with Ceramic Dial
Relio Solstice Red - Sports Watch (Burgundy Fumé Sunburst)
Relio Solstice Teal - Sports Watch (Blue-Green Sunburst)