Zelos Helmsman 2 Bronze Meteorite (Limited Edition)
This watch is delivered in a wooden box and comes with a convenient watch travel roll capable of holding several watches. We also offer a version with a sunburst blue dial as well.
Why We Love This Watch
Based on the historic Super Compressor design of the 1960s, this 300 meter diver has some seriously sexy curves in a CuSn8 marine grade bronze case, which is generally considered the best type of bronze for developing a rich, warm patina. As well as being a serious tool watch with the ultra-reliable NH35A automatic movement and double domed sapphire glass, it's an elegant-looking timepiece too, with it's multi-layered design and dual crowns, both of which are lumed with the Zelos logo, and fully lumed inner rotating chapter ring.
The most outstanding feature however is the black meteorite dial, which has an intriguing Widmanstätten pattern of lines texturing the surface, that can cause the color and reflectivity to change depending on the angle and light, changing from dark charcoal, to a more reflective metallic graphite or silver.
The slice of meteorite that makes up the dial comes from the planetoid core of the Muonionalustra meteorite, which is the oldest discovered meteorite on earth, and we think the best choice for a striking conversation piece. It also contains some very rare elements, including stishovite, an exceptionally rare mineral that has only ever been found in a few meteorite impact structures.
The Story Behind This Watch
The original Zelos Helmsman was the watch that first rocketed Zelos to success back in 2014. Since then the design has been refined and gone through no less than 5 iterations, before finally culminating in the Zelos Helmsman 2.
Please be advised that most diver models from Zelos tend to sell out quickly during the first few weeks, especially their bronze cased offerings.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Zelos Helmsman 2 Bronze Meteorite.
- Limited Edition Size: 100 numbered pieces.
- Complications: Date at 3 o'clock position, rotating chapter ring.
- Color Scheme: Black meteorite, with bronze, white, and black.
- Water Resistance: 30 ATM / 300 meters / 1,000 feet.
- Diameter: 42mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 48½mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 13.5mm, excluding crystal.
- Case: CuSn8 marine grade bronze.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel.
- Dial Type: Black meteorite with applied indices and layered chapter ring.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant double domed sapphire crystal.
- Bezel: Fixed CuSn8 bronze bezel. Fully lumed inner chapter ring with 60 minute dive timer markings rotatable via secondary crown.
- Lume: Swiss Super-Luminova blue BGW9 lume.
- Straps Included: 1x 22mm Horween leather strap, and 1x 22mm natural rubber strap, with spring bar tool included too.
- Movement: 24 jewel Seiko NH35A automatic movement.
- Oscillation: 21,600 BPH, (6 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Over 41 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 year.
We Also Recommend
Celeste Rise - Mother-of-Pearl & Abalone (Swiss Mvmt) Ladies
Gruppo Gamma Divemaster Mk II DG-01 - Swiss ETA 2824-2
Gruppo Gamma Divemaster Mk II DG-02 - Swiss ETA 2824-2
Gruppo Gamma Divemaster Mk II DG-08 - Swiss ETA 2824-2