Zelos Hammerhead 3 Steel Vintage Black (Brown LE)
The Zelos Hammerhead 3 Steel Vintage Black is a 44mm dive watch rated for 300 meters / 1,000 feet. The latest in Zelos' popular Hammerhead series, the 3 is 2mm thinner than its predecessor, while still keeping the many faceted edges the design is famous for. This model features a beautiful coffee black to brown sunburst fumé dial.
Why We Love This Watch
At night or even coming indoors after being outside in daylight, the exceptionally strong two color lume, (BGW9 blue and C3 green, both liberally applied,) is quite an eye catcher. This is even truer during the day, with an outstanding brown fumé sunburst dial that we think is the nicest in the entire Hammerhead series to date. This one is quite a strap monster as the varying brown hues on the dial can go perfectly with rich brown vintage leather straps. The name Vintage Black may be confusing, but the dial beautifully graduates from a subtle black on the outside to a browner core.
Zelos are famous for their extremely strong lume, all Swiss Super-LumiNova of course. The Zelos Hammerhead 3 Steel Vintage Black is no exception, not just because it has a two color lume design. The Hammerhead 3 features X1 grade lume, the most expensive option that lasts longer and glows 60% brighter than standard grade. Here we see not only the hands and hour indices are lumed, but the entire outer track is too, along with all of the bezel markings, the Zelos logo on the dial, and the crown.
It's little details like this can make the difference between a good watch and a great watch, and the Zelos Hammerhead 3 Steel series just blows us away with the attention to detail that we would never expect to find at this price point. As another example, not only is the provided custom bracelet very nicely faceted to cleverly tie in with the shape of the watch itself, but it features solid links with screwed pins, and a stylish milled and signed diver's clasp with double pusher release and a highly convenient hidden ratcheting diver's extension, allowing the user to make micro-adjustments on the fly to the bracelet size without needing any tools.
Spec-wise, this is everything we want to see in a good dive-watch, with a scratch resistant ceramic bezel, scratch resistant double domed sapphire crystal with inner anti-reflective coating, and one of the most reliable and long lasting automatic mechanical movements, the NH35A.
As icing on the cake, Zelos Hammerhead 3 watches come in a wooden box, which also contains the nicest travel watch case we've ever seen provided with any watch, capable of carrying a number of watches and accessories safely in style.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Zelos Hammerhead 3 Steel Vintage Black.
- Limited Edition Size: 500 timepieces with individual numbers on the case back.
- Complications: Date window at 6 o'clock.
- Color Scheme: Sunburst brown with white, yellow, cream and black accents.
- Water Resistance: 300 ATM / 300 meters / 1,000 feet.
- Diameter: 44mm, excluding crown.
- Height: 13mm, excluding crystal.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 48mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
Case: 316L marine grade steel case with a finely brushed finish, and lumed crown.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade steel with oil pressed illustration of two hammerhead sharks swimming underwater.
- Dial Type: Sunburst brown fumé dial with white lume-filled outer track. Black-edged cream lume-filled applied indices. Black-edged cream lume-filled hour and minute hands. Yellow lume-filled second hand.
- Dial Glass: Double domed scratch resistant sapphire crystal with AR coating.
- Bezel: 120 click unidirectional 316L marine grade steel bezel with scratch resistant lumed ceramic bezel insert with brushed finish.
- Lume: Two color Swiss Super-LumiNova lume in X1 grade, the most expensive, brightest, and longest lasting option. The lume colors are C3 (grows green) and BGW9 (glows blue) making for a very impressive night-time display.
Straps Included: A custom 3-link 22mm solid link steel bracelet with screwed links, and a milled and signed diver's clasp that features a built-in no tool required diver's extension adjustment.
- Movement: 24 jewel Seiko NH35A automatic movement.
- Oscillation: 21,600 BPH, (6 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Over 41 hours.
Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 year.
- Additional Items: Watch travel case and wooden presentation box.
We Also Recommend
Gruppo Gamma Divemaster Mk II DG-01 - Swiss ETA 2824-2
Gruppo Gamma Divemaster Mk II DG-02 - Swiss ETA 2824-2
Melbourne Portsea Calendar — Black (Triple Calendar)
Melbourne Portsea Calendar — Navy Blue (Triple Calendar)