Zelos Hammerhead 2 1000M Steel Forged Carbon Limited Edition
In addition to this marine grade 316L stainless steel version of the Zelos Hammerhead 2, we're also selling a marine grade CuSn8 bronze version with the same forged carbon dial design. Both of these Zelos Hammerhead II dive watches come in a wooden box with a convenient travel roll. This stainless version includes a bracelet and silicon/rubber dive straps.
Why We Love This Watch
The good looks of this 1km rated dive watch really draw the eye, from the angular CNC machined dial, to the equally good-looking solid link bracelet and strong grey/black/yellow color scheme. What really gets the most attention in daylight however is the unusual and mesmerizing forged carbon dial with a swirl of greys and blacks, and sparkling graphite-silver areas that catch the sunlight.
The night-time show is we think even more amazing here. Zelos are already famous for their strong lume, (all Swiss Super-LumiNova of course,) and lumed crowns. This is one of the very best we've ever seen. Zelos cut no corners here in the use of X1 grade C3 lume. X1 is a more expensive Swiss Super-LumiNova offering that glows brighter and lasts longer than standard grade, and it is beautifully arranged in a watch face that makes use of both a green glowing C3 and blue glowing BGW9 lume. The bezel and indices have a super strong green glow, with nice contrast on the full reverse lumed outer track, which glows blue. What really stands out in this design are the hour and minute hands, with three stripes of lume each that glows blue, green, and blue.
The rest of specifications are mostly everything you'd expect, including a high double-domed scratch resistant sapphire crystal, scratch resistant ceramic bezel insert, black date window at 6, an ultra-reliable automatic movement, and an oil pressed illustration of two hammerheads on the case back. One more surprise in store with the Zelos Hammerhead 2 however is the lug-to-lug length of only 48mm. Despite this watch being a 44mm diameter dive watch, the lug length here is slightly shorter than a number of 42mm watches, which means it wears more like a 42mm watch and might fit well for some folks who can't normally wear divers larger than 42mm.
Last but not least, the very small limited edition size of only 100 numbered timepieces, and fact that Zelos watches do tend to sell out rather quickly, helps make this a highly desirable timepiece to add to your collection.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Zelos Hammerhead 2 1000M Steel Forged Carbon.
- Limited Edition Size: 100 individually numbered timepieces.
Color Scheme: Slate grey and black forged carbon dial, beige edged indices that glow green, white outer track that glows blue, matte black bezel with yellow markings which glows green, cream and white hands hour and minute hands that glow both blue and green, , yellow second hand that that glows green, silver-colored stainless steel case.
Complications: Date window at 6 o'clock.
Water Resistance: 100 ATM / 1000 meters / 1KM / 3,280 feet.
- Diameter: 44mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 48mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 15mm, excluding crystal. 17mm including high domed sapphire crystal.
- Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel case with a finely brushed finish, helium escape valve, and X1 grade Swiss Super-LumiNova lumed crown.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel with oil pressed illustration of two hammerhead sharks swimming underwater. (Very apt for the mark II Hammerhead.)
- Dial Type: Forged carbon dial with edged applied indices filled with X1 grade C3 Swiss Super-LumiNova lume, and inset into a raised and fully reverse lumed Swiss Super-LumiNova BGW9 outer track.
- Dial Glass: High double domed scratch resistant sapphire crystal with inner anti-reflective coating.
- Bezel: 120 click unidirectional 316L marine grade stainless steel bezel with scratch resistant ceramic bezel insert containing X1 grade C3 Swiss Super-LumiNova markings.
- Lume: Swiss Super-LumiNova in two colors: X1 grade (the most expensive, brightest, and longest lasting vs. standard grade) C3 (glows green, the brightest color,) and BGW9 (glows blue.) The crown, bezel, indices and second hand use C3 lume. The raised outer tracked uses BGW9 lume, and the hour and minute hands use both lume colors applied in contrasting stripes.
- Straps Included: A custom 3-link 22mm solid link bracelet with milled and signed diver's clasp. In addition, a 22mm pair of custom rubber/silicon dive straps with matching steel hardware.
- Movement: 24 jewel Seiko NH35A automatic movement.
- Oscillation: 21,600 BPH, (6 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Over 41 hours.
Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 year.
- Additional Items: Watch roll, wooden presentation box.
We Also Recommend
Zelos Great White V2 - Forged Carbon Limited Edition
Aevum Timepieces Advance Carbon Limited Edition
Zelos Hammerhead 2 1000M Bronze Forged Carbon Limited Ed.