Zelos Abyss 3 3000M Steel Teal (3km, Swiss Mvmt, Limited Edition)
With an insane 3km water resistance rating, the Zelos Abyss 3 is the deepest dive watch we've ever carried. We've cherry picked the best two models to carry in The Microbrand Store for you: The Zelos Abyss 3 3000M Steel Teal, and the Zelos Abyss 3 3000M Bronze Meteorite. Both of these 43mm Zelos watches come in a wooden box with a convenient watch travel roll.
Why We Love This Watch
We think the looks are every bit as good as the awesome specifications on the Zelos Abyss 3 Steel Teal. The beautiful deep sunburst fumé gradient dial's teal/turquoise color subconsciously reminds us of peering deep into the water, with the way light can play on it, which is very apt for a dive watch. The steel bezel, steel case and custom solid link bracelet go really well together and remind us that this is very much a professional tool watch, and there are a lot of subtle extras if you pay attention. Extras such as the dual lumed crowns, and a lumed raised outer track with reverse lume minute numerals help emphasize the very strong Swiss Super-Luminova lume implementation that Zelos are renowned for, the mix of brushing and polished edges on the case add a certain elegance, and the dial design is very nicely balanced with an edged date window at six o'clock in an appropriate azure color.
Spec-wise, the extreme 3000 meters rating tends to draw most of the attention, but the rest of the specs are exactly what we'd want to see here, including a high double domed scratch resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating, a reliable Swiss SW-200 automatic movement, screw down helium escape valve, a well executed pressed illustration of a submarine passing through an undersea canyon on the screw down case back, and a very precise and crisp bezel action in a well built watch.
Although this is a relatively tall timepiece due to the depth rating, remarkably the case diameter is only 43mm with a 51mm lug-to-lug length, making this a very versatile watch that can be worn on wider range of wrist sizes than you might expect.
This watch comes with both the steel bracelet and rubber/silicone dive straps.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Zelos Abyss 3 3000M Steel Teal.
- Color Scheme: Sunburst teal/turquoise fumé gradient dial, with silver-colored steel case, bezel, and bracelet.
- Limited Edition Size: 150 individually numbered timepieces.
- Complications: Date window at 6 o'clock.
Water Resistance: 300 ATM / 3000 meters / 3KM / 9,842 feet.
- Diameter: 43mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 51mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 18½mm, excluding domed lens.
- Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel case with a mix of brushed and polished finishes and a second screw down crown for the helium escape valve. Both crowns are lumed.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel.
- Dial Type: Sunburst teal/turquoise fumé gradient dial (darker on the outside, lighter in the center) with applied indices and a raised outer track.
- Dial Glass: High double domed scratch resistant sapphire crystal with inner anti-reflective coating.
- Bezel: 120 click unidirectional 316L marine grade stainless steel bezel.
- Lume: Swiss Super-Luminova C3, the brightest color.
- Straps Included: A custom 3-link 22mm solid link bracelet with milled and signed diver's clasp. In addition, a 22mm pair of custom rubber/silicon dive straps with matching steel hardware.
- Movement: 26 jewel Swiss Sellita SW200 automatic movement.
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Up to 38 hours.
Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 year.
- Additional Items: Watch roll, wooden presentation box.
We Also Recommend
Gruppo Gamma Divemaster Mk II DG-01 - Swiss ETA 2824-2
Gruppo Gamma Divemaster Mk II DG-02 - Swiss ETA 2824-2
Melbourne Portsea Calendar — Black (Triple Calendar)
Melbourne Portsea Calendar — Navy Blue (Triple Calendar)