Zelos Abyss 3 3000M Bronze Meteorite (3km, Swiss Mvmt, LE)
With an insane 3km water resistance rating, the Zelos Abyss 3 is the deepest dive watch we've ever carried. We've cherry picked the best two models to carry in The Microbrand Store for you: The Zelos Abyss 3 3000M Steel Teal, and the Zelos Abyss 3 3000M Bronze Meteorite. Both of these 43mm Zelos watches come in a wooden box with a convenient watch travel roll.
Why We Love This Watch
We think the looks are every bit as good as the awesome specifications on this black meteorite CuSn8 bronze diver. Zelos may've been the first watch microbrand to introduce a matching black meteorite insert on the bezel, which is a really nice touch, and the meteorite Zelos uses comes from the planetoid core of the Muonionalustra meteorite, which is the oldest discovered meteorite on earth, and we think the best choice for a striking conversation piece. It also contains some very rare elements, including stishovite, an exceptionally rare mineral that has only ever been found in a few meteorite impact structures.
Extras such as the dual lumed crowns, and a lumed raised outer track with reverse lume minute numerals help emphasize the very strong Swiss Super-Luminova lume implementation that Zelos are renowned for. The mix of brushing and polished edges on the case also adds a certain elegance, and the dial design is very nicely balanced, with an edged date window at six o'clock in an appropriate azure color.
Spec-wise, the extreme 3000 meters rating tends to draw most of the attention, but the rest of the specs are exactly what we'd want to see here, including a high double domed scratch resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating, a reliable Swiss SW-200 automatic movement, screw down helium escape valve, a well executed pressed illustration of a submarine passing through an undersea canyon on the screw down case back, and a very precise and crisp bezel action in a well built watch.
Although this is a relatively tall timepiece due to the depth rating, remarkably the case diameter is only 43mm with a 51mm lug-to-lug length, making this a very versatile watch that can be worn on wider range of wrist sizes than you might expect.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Zelos Abyss 3 3000M Bronze Meteorite.
- Color Scheme: Black meteorite dial, with matching black meteorite bezel insert, set in a CuSn8 bronze case.
- Limited Edition Size: 150 individually numbered timepieces.
- Complications: Date window at 6 o'clock.
- Water Resistance: 300 ATM / 3000 meters / 3KM / 9,842 feet.
- Diameter: 43mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 51mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 18½mm, excluding domed lens.
- Case: CuSn8 (the most desirable) marine grade bronze case with a mix of brushed and polished finishes and a second screw down crown for the helium escape valve. Both crowns are lumed.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel.
- Dial Type: Black meteorite with applied indices.
- Dial Glass: High double domed scratch resistant sapphire crystal with inner anti-reflective coating.
- Bezel: 120 click unidirectional CuSn8 marine grade bronze bezel with a lumed black meteorite bezel insert.
- Lume: Swiss Super-Luminova C3, the brightest color.
- Straps Included: 1x 22mm pair of custom rubber/silicon dive straps with matching CuSn8 bronze hardware.
- Movement: 26 jewel Swiss Sellita SW200 automatic movement.
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Up to 38 hours.
Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 year.
- Additional Items: Watch roll and wooden presentation box.
We Also Recommend
Gruppo Gamma Divemaster Mk II DG-02 - Swiss ETA 2824-2
Melbourne Portsea Calendar — Black (Triple Calendar)
Melbourne Portsea Calendar — Navy Blue (Triple Calendar)
Relio Solstice Red - Sports Watch (Burgundy Fumé Sunburst)