Viqueria Levante - Monza Black - Full Pack (Limited Edition)
This is the full package version of the Viqueria Levante Monza Black chronograph, which includes both a premium handmade Italian leather rally strap, and a 5-link bracelet. We also offer the Viqueria Levante in a sunburst blue.
Why We Love This Watch
The Viqueria Levante chronograph easily catches the eye with it's soft sunburst dial, and vibrant good looks, which betray it's heritage as an Italian watch designed, assembled, and meticulously fine tuned in Voghera, Italy. In ancient times, the Roman name for Voghera was Viqueria, from which this Italian brand gets it's name.
With such good looks it's easy to overlook some of the less obvious features of this automotive-inspired timepiece. Surprisingly, the best view of a Viqueria Levante watch is the back! The exhibition case back is a window that gives a stunning view of the beautifully decorated hand-wound movement, unimpeded by a rotor. It can be mesmerizing to watch the chronograph in action through the back of this watch.
For horologists, the Seagull ST1901 movement also has an interesting historical association with the Swiss Venus 175 column-wheel chronograph. When Venus closed up shop, they sold both the design and the equipment to manufacture the movement to Seagull, who then started producing the design as the Seagull ST19 series.
Under the hood, each Viqueria Levante has been assembled by a master watchmaker rather than on a factory assembly line, with each watch being regulated in three different positions to an accuracy of around +/- 12 seconds per day. As such, no more than 300 of these limited edition timepieces will be made.
Another easily overlooked feature is the unusual 100 meter water rating, the same as many dive watches, which means you can swim and dive with this chronograph. (Just don't operate the crown or pushers under water!) For that reason, we've made sure that the Viqueria Levante comes with a stylish marine grade stainless steel bracelet that's equally at home under water or in the board room.
Complementing the bracelet and particularly suitable as part of the vintage automotive racing theme, is a premium Italian handmade leather rally strap from 2DStraps. Staying true to the vintage theme, the lens on the Levante is a vintage style custom hesalite/acrylic high dome that imparts a warm feel to the dial. Automotive aficionados may relish the fact that the legendary Maserati brothers also hail from Voghera, which adds a little bit more color to the story behind this watch.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Viqueria Levante Monza Black (Full Pack.)
- Limited Edition Size: 300 individually numbered timepieces.
- Complications: Mechanical chronograph.
- Color Schemes: Black with Silver, white and yellow.
- Water Resistance: 10 ATM / 100 meters / 330 feet.
- Diameter: 42mm, excluding crown.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 13½mm.
- Case: Marine grade 316L stainless steel.
- Case Back: Exhibition case back.
- Dial Type: Applied indices with a sunburst main dial and concentric circle snailing with sunbursts on the two sub-dials.
- Dial Glass: Vintage-style custom high dome hesalite/acrylic crystal.
- Bezel: Fixed position steel bezel insert with tachometer scale.
- Lume: Swiss Super-Luminova C3.
- Straps Included: A pair of black 22mm premium hand-made Italian leather rally straps with yellow stitching from 2DStraps. A 316L marine grade stainless steel "5 link" bracelet with a mix of brushed and polished finishes and curved end links.
- Movement: 19 jewel Seagull ST1901 hand-wound movement.
- Oscillation: 21,600 BPH, (6 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: No.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: No.
- Power Reserve: 38 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
Gruppo Gamma Divemaster Mk II DG-02 - Swiss ETA 2824-2
Melbourne Portsea Calendar — Black (Triple Calendar)
Melbourne Portsea Calendar — Navy Blue (Triple Calendar)
Relio Solstice Red - Sports Watch (Burgundy Fumé Sunburst)