Valimor Caliburnus - Green Marble - Only 2 Ever Made!
All of our Valimor Caliburnus watches include a free upgrade to sapphire glass, and come with a top grain leather strap with a crocodile hornback pattern, quick release pin, and engraved buckle. We also sell the Valimor Caliburnus in other colors, Valimor's vintage style Italian calfskin straps and Valimor's very unique aged metal bracelet, which particularly suits this watch.
Why We Love This Watch
At one point we were considering an exclusive edition of the Valimor Caliburnus for The Microbrand Store, so we asked Valimor make two green marble watches for us, the only two ever made. Although we decided not to go ahead with the exclusive edition, these turned out great, and now you have an opportunity to own one of only two of these models that were ever produced, which we think is super cool.
Beautiful stonework aside, there's a lot more to this watch that the eye can appreciate too, making it a unique and remarkable design. The brand name Valimor itself stands for "VALIant" and "arMOR", and the dark ages/medieval arms and armor theme is picked up on extremely well from the engraved dragon scale plates around the engraved bezel and crown and back cover, to the custom diamond cut sword hands (filled with Swiss Super-Luminova of course) that feature a mix of polished and brushed textures you don't normally see at this price range. Even the crown is set with a natural Swarovski crystal, reminiscent of the pommel of a sword.
The case (and engraved buckle) have a wonderful antiqued aged effect to match, that is patented and unique to Valimor, using a scratch-resistant PVD (particle vapor deposit) color finish on marine grade 316L stainless steel. The top grain leather strap (a better grade of real leather than genuine leather) has the look of a custom hand-made strap which also picks up on the dragon cues due to the unusual choice of crocodile hornback texturing. A great deal of thought has gone into this design by Raymond Jones, the creator behind the brand. We strongly recommend checking out the optional unique bracelet design Raymond has come up with for this timepiece.
All the above would be enough to wow many, but one of the best highlights is a hidden one: The exhibition case back shows off a very nicely custom decorated movement and rotor. Even the case cover has dragon scales engraved around the edge.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Valimor Caliburnus VA001G.
- Complications: None.
- Color Scheme: Green marble, antiqued steel, and black strap.
- Water Resistance: 5 ATM / 50 meters / 165 feet.
- Diameter: 42mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 49.8mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 12.65mm.
- Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel treated with a patented custom scratch-resistant PVD staining unique to Valimor to give an antique/aged steel effect.
- Case Back: Richly engraved 316L marine grade stainless steel case back with exhibition window and highly decorated movement and rotor.
- Dial Type: Natural polished green marble with applied indices.
- Dial Glass: Upgraded to scratch resistant sapphire crystal.
- Bezel: Deeply engraved dragon scale motif that is also picked up on the crown, which is decorated with a natural Swarovski crystal.
- Lume: Swiss Super-Luminova BGW9 (blue glow.)
- Straps Included: 1x 22mm black top grain leather strap with a crocodile hornback pattern, quick release pin, and engraved buckle.
- Movement: 21 jewel Miyota 821A or 82S0 automatic movement. If a date window is included on the dial then the movement is the 821A, else it's the 82S0, which is a movement from the same family that doesn't have a stop position for adjusting the date.
- Oscillation: 21,600 BPH, (6 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: No.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Over 41 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
Gruppo Gamma Divemaster Mk II DG-01 - Swiss ETA 2824-2
Gruppo Gamma Divemaster Mk II DG-02 - Swiss ETA 2824-2
Melbourne Portsea Calendar — Black (Triple Calendar)
Melbourne Portsea Calendar — Navy Blue (Triple Calendar)