TACS Automatic Vintage Lens II (AVL II) - Silver & Horween
This version of the TACS AVL II (Automatic Vintage Lens II) watch features a silver-colored case and come on vintage style Horween calfskin leather straps in a choice of two colors. We also sell a version with a gunmetal-colored case, which comes on a matching bracelet.
Why We Love This Watch
The attention to detail in the vintage camera theme of the TACS Automatic Vintage Lens II is simply astounding. TACS could've chosen to cut a number of corners here, but instead they've gone above and beyond with a lot of photography-themed touches, such as:
- A bi-directional smoothly rotating bezel that moves just like the manual focus ring on a vintage camera. Of course focal length marking are also included and the outer edge of the bezel has that classic diamond-cut knurled grip which is also matched by the diamond-cut knurling on the crown.
- Overall the case design mimics a camera. Even the crown guard is in the form of a loop mount.
- A very large scratch resistant sapphire crystal fish eye lens with an anti-reflective coating that looks just like a camera lens.
- Under the lens is a multi-layered dial giving the impression of an underlying shutter with a skeletonized movement at the heart of the dial.
- A leather lens cap reminiscent of camera lens caps of the past.
This is quite a conversation piece, but the overall quality of this timepiece equally matches the level of the aesthetics too, and includes a 100 meter water rating with a screw-down crown, an ultra-reliable movement, a 316L marine grade stainless steel case, a scratch resistant sapphire crystal exhibition case back with a decorated movement inside, and premium vintage-style Horween calfskin leather straps with quick release pins and featuring a novel dual keeper system.
Exclusive to The Microbrand Store™, all of our TACS watches also come with a subtle TMS engraving on the side of the watch case, next to the engraved serial number.
- Type: Pseudo-microbrand watch.
- Reference: TACS Automatic Vintage Lens II (AVL II/AVL2) - Stainless finish. TS1803A (light brown straps.) TS1803B (dark brown straps.)
Color Scheme: Silver-colored stainless steel case with brown leather straps.
- Water Resistance: 10 ATM / 100 meters / 330 feet.
- Diameter: 46½mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: TBD.
- Lug Width: 24mm.
- Height: 16mm.
- Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel with a silver-colored finish, designed to look like a camera case. Each watch has a unique serial number engraved along with a subtle TMS engraving to represent The Microbrand Store.
- Case Back: Scratch resistant sapphire glass exhibition case-back with decorated movement plate.
- Dial Type: Three layer dial designed to look like a camera shutter, with inset skeletonized movement
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant sapphire crystal in the shape of a fish-eye camera lens with anti-reflective coating. A vintage-style camera lens cap is also provided.
- Bezel: Bidirectional free rotating bezel that mimics a camera lens movement, with camera lens markings.
- Straps Included: 1x 24mm pair of premium Horween calfskin straps with quick-release pins, in a choice of light brown finish (vintage brown) or a dark brown finish (rustic brown.)
- Movement: 21 jewel Miyota 82S0 skeletonized automatic movement.
- Oscillation: 21,600 BPH, (6 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: No.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Over 41 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
Gruppo Gamma Divemaster Mk II DG-02 - Swiss ETA 2824-2
Melbourne Portsea Calendar — Black (Triple Calendar)
Melbourne Portsea Calendar — Navy Blue (Triple Calendar)
Relio Solstice - Red Sports Watch (Burgundy Fumé Sunburst)