SWC Diver - Green (Swiss Made Limited Edition) 20x Layers of Super-Luminova
Sold in a variety of colors including blue, an unusual olive green, and black, as well as a stylish black dial with orange chapter ring variant, this 44mm SWC (Swiss Watch Company) Swiss Made automatic diver includes a custom solid link bracelet and a useful travel case.
Why We Love This Watch
Apart from the excellent value for money, being a Swiss Made 300 meter diver with a Swiss Sellita SW200 automatic movement and solid link bracelet sold for under $450, some of the specifications on this Swiss Watch Company diver are insane! The careful attention to detail from SWC really shows here with little touches like 20x layers of Swiss Super-Luminova lume that is extremely well done, making for the brightest lume we've seen on a watch, and 5x layers of anti-reflective coating on the scratch resistant sapphire crystal. These are amazingly well built timepieces. We tested the first batch received in the store and found zero back-play in the ceramic bezel, which has a really nice feel to it. Not stiff to turn, not loose, and very precise.
The customer service from this watch microbrand more than matches the quality of the timepiece, with a three year manufacturer's warranty, in-house servicing, a reputation for going above and beyond on customer service, and approximately 25 years' history since SWC was formed in 1995. Swiss Watch Company also produce watches for the U.S. armed forces and first responders, and have picked up quite an avid fan base over the years.
There's a lot of subtle enjoyment in this dive watch too, from the hand finished mix of polished and brushed ovals on the 120 click unidirectional bezel sides, matched by the hand finished polishing on the chamfered edges of the inner links in the oyster-style finely brushed solid link bracelet and case sides, to the carefully integrated signed diver's clasp that, unlike most clasps of this type, takes very little space when viewed on the wrist, and blends discretely with the rest of the bracelet. Peer closely at the dial and you'll spot some equally subtle decorative striping, accompanied by decorative concentric circles around the bezel. Look at the back and you'll see a very nice deep oil pressed relief.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Swiss Watch Company SWC Diver Green.
- Limited Edition Size: 999 numbered timepieces.
- Complications: Date window at 3 o'clock.
- Color Scheme: Green dial, chapter ring and bezel, silver-colored case and bracelet.
- Water Resistance: 30 ATM / 300 meters / 1,000 feet.
- Diameter: 44mm, excluding crown and crown guard.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 49mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 13.2mm. (13.6mm including subtly domed sapphire glass.)
- Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel with silver colored finish with a subtle mix of finely brushed and mirror polished surfaces.
- Case Back: Deep solid oil pressed decorative relief with individual serial number.
- Dial Type: Dark green matte dial with decorative striping, sloped lighter green chapter ring.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant domed sapphire crystal with 5 anti-reflective layers.
- Bezel: 120 click unidirectional green scratch resistant ceramic bezel insert with circular patterning, and a mix of brushing and polishing on the bezel sides.
- Lume: 20x layers of Swiss Super-Luminova lume applied on both the hands and main indices. Lumed bezel pip.
- Straps Included: Custom 3-link oyster-style solid link bracelet with a finely brushed finish accented by mirror polished chamfered edges on the inner links, complemented by a signed diver's clasp.
- Movement: 26 jewel Swiss Sellita SW200 automatic mechanical movement.
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Up to 38 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 3 years.
We Also Recommend
Gruppo Gamma Divemaster Mk II DG-01 - Swiss ETA 2824-2
Gruppo Gamma Divemaster Mk II DG-02 - Swiss ETA 2824-2
Melbourne Portsea Calendar — Black (Triple Calendar)
Melbourne Portsea Calendar — Navy Blue (Triple Calendar)