Straton Daily Driver "B" (Blue Dial, Grey & Orange Stripes)
The 44mm Straton Daily Driver chronograph features vintage racing stripes and comes with a solid link marine grade stainless steel bracelet with custom end links and a signed diver's clasp. It also has a 200 meter water resistance rating, making this a watch you can dive with.
We provide two color choices for the Straton Daily Driver: a black dial version and this blue dial version. For those with smaller wrists or looking for a more authentic vintage size, you may want to check out the very similar 40mm Straton Classic Driver, which comes on the same style bracelet.
Why We Love This Watch
There are three things we especially like about this watch:
The first is the vintage automotive racing styling. Hello 1950s and 1960s! Only a small portion of modern chronographs feature classic racing stripes these days and the overall design here is nicely balanced so that the stripes stand out enough to easily be a conversation piece when someone else notices you wearing this watch, but are not loud or overly done. We really think Straton have nailed it here.
The second is the price, since Straton chronographs are extremely popular, very collectible, tend to sell out, and are usually quite expensive. (Good styling often carries a premium.) This is the cheapest watch Straton has launched, making it possible to pick up some classic Straton styling for an affordable price, which also includes a solid link bracelet, sapphire glass 200 meter water rating, and a convenient travel case. The trade off here of course is that this is a quartz movement (compared to much more expensive mechanical movements.) However the main second hand sweeps at 4 ticks per second, very much like a mechanical movement, and accuracy is better than 1 second per day with a very reliable movement, so we can forgive that.
The third is the water rating. Yes it's not technically a dive watch because it doesn't have a rotating lumed diver's bezel that a diver can use to track how much time a diver has been underwater so as not to run out of air, but really you can enjoy a lot of water sports with this on your wrist if you wanted to, and you can even time them and the included bracelet and scratch resistant sapphire glass makes this a great vacation choice since you can wear this in and out of the water.
This watch is being retailed as a pre-order, with an estimated delivery in September. Unlike Kickstarter and similar systems, you may cancel your pre-order of this watch at any time, (up until we package your watch to ship it to you,) and obtain a full refund.
Our original estimate was the end of August, 2019. When Kyle, Straton's owner, visited the factory in mid-August to personally supervise the Quality Assurance (QA) testing and shipment, he found that the dials for these timepieces had been delivered late, and the factory was consequently rushing to meet the shipping deadline. Rather than have the factory rush things, with more potential for mistakes and less time spent on QA, Kyle's topmost priority is the quality of his timepieces, so he wanted the factory to take their time, and has scheduled a return visit to the factory at the end of August. He'll be shipping to The Microbrand Store first and we anticipate receiving these watches in the first couple of weeks of September.
Once received, we'll test these timepieces and send them on to our customers within one business day via an express airmail service, so our customers can get them as quickly as possible.
To learn more about pre-orders, please visit our pre-orders page.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Straton Daily Driver Type B (Blue Dial, Grey & Orange Stripes.)
- Complications: Chronograph with sub-dial on left to track 60 minutes, and central main second hand to track the chronograph seconds. (Sub-dial on right is to show the current time in seconds.) Date window at 6 o'clock.
- Color Scheme: Blue with grey and orange stripes.
- Water Resistance: 20 ATM / 200 meters / 660 feet.
- Diameter: 44mm.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 50mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 12½mm.
- Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel with silver colored finish.
- Crown: Signed crown with pushers either side.
- Case Back: Solid screw down marine grade stainless steel case back.
- Dial Type: Multi-layered dial with snailed sunburst concentric circles on silver-colored sub-dials and a classic vintage racing stripes.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
- Bezel: Fixed bezel with tachometer chronograph scale.
- Lume: Only the main hour and minute hands and major indices are lumed.
- Straps Included: Solid link bracelet with cuved end links and signed diver's clasp.
- Movement: Miyota 6S21 quartz movement. Accuracy +- 20 seconds/month. (Better than +- 1 second per day.)
- Tick Rate: 4 ticks per second main chronograph second hand instead of the more typical 1 tick per second found on most quartz.
- Hacks: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Up to 3 years battery life with normal operation.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
Viqueria Levante - Imola Blue - Full Pack (Limited Edition)
Viqueria Levante - Monza Black - Full Pack (Limited Edition)
Mercer Lexington Bi-Compax Chronograph
Mercer Brigadier Chronograph (Mecha-quartz)