Spinnaker Overboard SP-5023-0C Black (1km Rating)
We also offer a blue-dialed version of this watch on a blue silicon diver's strap.
Why We Love This Watch
The 46mm Overboard from Spinnaker's pro-diver series offers an amazing specification for such a low price. This is very much a tool watch with a very hefty 1km (1,000 meters / 3,300 foot) water rating and features such as an easy grip knurled crown, screwed lugs, helium escape valve, silicone dive strap, a generous application of Swiss Super-Luminova lume, and a 316L marine grade stainless steel case. The timepiece is powered by the ultra-reliable NH38A automatic movement, an open heart (exposed balance wheel) variant of the extremely popular NH35A. Other design cues include a guilloche wave pattern on the dial, an attractive solid steel bezel, and a minute hand with orange highlights designed to focus a diver's attention when using the bezel timer. In short, there's a great deal on offer here for an entry-level price.
This is also a large watch with an unusual 28mm strap width, rather than the more typical 24mm found on a large 46mm watch. With a lug-to-lug length of 56mm, this men's watch is suitable for medium sized or large wrists, from around 7 inches / 18 cm or larger.
- Type: Pseudo-microbrand watch.
- Reference: Spinnaker Spence SP-5023-0C.
- Complications: Open heart.
- Color Scheme: Black watch face with guilloché wave pattern set in a stainless steel case with a solid stainless steel bezel.
- Water Resistance: 100 ATM / 1,000 meters / 1km / 3,300 feet.
- Diameter: 46mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 56mm.
- Lug Width: 28mm.
- Height: 20mm.
- Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel with screw down crown.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel.
- Dial Type: Black guilloché wave-patterned dial with thickly lumed applied indices.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant flat mineral glass.
- Bezel: 120 click 316L marine grade stainless steel unidirectional bezel with lumed pip.
- Lume: Swiss Super-Luminova.
- Straps Included: 1x 28mm silicon rubber dive strap.
- Movement: 24 jewel Seiko NH38A automatic movement. (Same movement as the NH35A but with an open heart instead of a date wheel.)
- Oscillation: 21,600 BPH, (6 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Over 41 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
Watch Documentation / Papers
We Also Recommend
PolAm Hamtramck with extra Premium Strap
Spinnaker Croft SP-5058-02 (Brown Fumé Dial)
Spinnaker Croft SP-5058-03 (Black Fumé Dial)
SWC Diver - Orange (Swiss Made Limited Edition)