Signum Cuda Natural Grey Meteorite (38/40mm & 42/44mm)
Why We Love This Watch
A real meteorite dial such as the one found in the Signum Cuda Natural Meteorite dive watch is always a popular choice for watch collectors, and a fantastic talking point, since meteorite doesn't originate on Earth and is extra-terrestrial in origin. Each dial is unique with a different naturally occurring pattern of lines, (a Widmanstätten pattern,) which can catch the light when the watch is viewed from different angles.
We think they grey color in these dials is an elegant choice for a matching silver and grey look with the supplied solid-link oyster-style bracelet, which can suit virtually any wardrobe or situation. However, for those who prefer bolder colors, we have also stocked some heat treated meteorite dial Signum Cudas, in addition to an exclusive abalone edition that is unique to The Microbrand Store.
All of our Signum Cuda Natural Meteorite dive watches comes in two sizes, 44mm (around 42mm excluding crown and crown guard,) or 40mm (around 38mm excluding crown and crown guard,) and with an optional date window at 4 o'clock.
Signum really hit this one out of the park, and made quite a splash with their launch of the Signum Cuda, with a lengthy list of features you would typically not expect to see retailing at this price point. Features such as a 200 meter rating, (Signum could've opted for 100 meters,) sapphire crystal, very strong Swiss Super-LumiNova lume, including a lumed crown and full reverse lume on the first 20 minutes of the ceramic bezel, and a solid link oyster style bracelet with double push release, are all signs of a well thought out design that didn't cut corners when it comes to the watch itself.
"40mm" Signum Cuda Option
Signum list the watch case on these models as a 40mm. However, Signum include the crown guards in their diameter measurement. Using a more standard measurement that excludes the crown guards, we consider these to actually be 38mm designs.
- Diameter: 38.3mm, excluding crown and crown guards.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 44mm.
- Lug Width: 20mm.
- Height: 13.7mm including crystal.
- Weight: 162 grams, including bracelet.
"44mm" Signum Cuda Option
Signum list the watch case on these models as a 44mm. However, Signum include the crown guards in their diameter measurement. Using a more standard measurement that excludes the crown guards, we consider these to actually be 42mm designs.
- Diameter: 42.3mm, excluding crown and crown guards.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 48mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 14.0mm including crystal.
- Weight: 202 grams, including bracelet.
Shared Watch Specifications
- Type: Microbrand watch. Dive watch.
- Reference: Signum Cuda Natural Meteorite.
Complications: Optional date window at 4 o'clock.
- Color Scheme: Grey and silver, with black bezel and white hands and markings.
- Water Resistance: 20 ATM / 200 meters / 660 feet.
- Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel with a brushed finish, drilled lugs for easy bracelet or strap removal, crown guards, and a lumed screw-down signed crown.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel screw down case back with an embossed illustration of a barracuda fish, a ferocious hunter with fang-like teeth that is popular with sport-fishing enthusiasts, for which this watch is named.
- Dial Type: Grey dial made from real meteorite. The meteorite used is a natural product which does not originate on Earth. Each dial will look slightly different with a unique combination of Widmanstätten pattern lines on every dial that tends to catch the light at varying angles.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant sapphire crystal with an inside anti-reflective coating.
- Bezel: Black scratch resistant ceramic 120 click undirectional bezel with all markings fully lumed, including a full reverse lume on the first 20 minutes.
- Lume: Swiss Super-LumiNova on all hands, applied indices, and bezel markings.
- Straps Included: 1x oyster-style 316L marine grade stainless bracelet with a fully brushed finish, solid links, push pins, and a signed milled diver's clasp with safety fold over, double pusher release, and five micro-adjust positions.
- Movement: 24 jewel Seiko NH35A or NH38A automatic movement. The NH38A is identical to the better known NH35A except that it doesn't have a date wheel or a crown stop position to adjust the date. Thus the NH35A is used in the Signum Cuda models that sport a date window and the NH38A is used in the Signum Cuda models that do not have a date window.
- Oscillation: 21,600 BPH, (6 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Over 41 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
Gruppo Gamma Divemaster Mk II DG-01 - Swiss ETA 2824-2
Gruppo Gamma Divemaster Mk II DG-02 - Swiss ETA 2824-2
Melbourne Portsea Calendar — Black (Triple Calendar)
Melbourne Portsea Calendar — Navy Blue (Triple Calendar)