Neminus Spaceman - Mars Traveler - Swiss Made Limited Edition
Exclusively at The Microbrand Store™, this space themed, Swiss Made automatic dive watch was produced in a small numbered limited edition size of only 99 timepieces, and we've purchased all of the remaining stock from Neminus after their successful Kickstarter campaign in 2018. The quantities you see here are all we have remaining in stock, and are a last opportunity before we close the door on this model.
In addition to the Neminus Spaceman Mars Traveler, we also obtained all of Neminus' remaining Neminus Spaceman Earth Dweller timepieces too, a slightly different model with a silver colored case and bezel. Both models come in a presentation box, with 3 different straps, a convenient watch travel roll, and our microfiber cleaning cloth.
Why We Love This Watch
With it's stunning radiating starburst, space exploration theme (check out the case back!) prominent 3D printed contoured image of Mars, and titanium coloring, not to mention the sawtooth design on the bezel, this 44mm dive watch is quite the looker, but it's also an extremely robust tool watch with some great pro diver features you don't often find in watches in this price range such as:
- Much better than PVD, a Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) finish on the case and bezel, which with the hardness of a diamond, provides a great scratch protection and wear resistant finish.
- Complementing the DLC finish, a thick 5mm domed sapphire crystal over the dial, also providing the best scratch protection available as you'd need something like a diamond to scratch the lens. Unlike many other dive watches, this is a thicker lens, providing more impact security, and also unlike most other dive watches, there are no less than four layers of anti-reflective coating on the lens.
- Sapphire crystal on the unique case back design too. No corners were cut here. Many watches with sapphire crystal on the front of the watch feature mineral glass instead on the back.
- A 300 meter water rating that should more than satisfy the most adventurous of amateur divers.
- A helium escape valve for pro divers spending a long time in a high pressure environment.
- Swiss Super-LumiNova X1 grade lume, the most expensive of the three grades available, offering a performance increase of up to 60% after two hours compared to the typical standard grade of Swiss Super-LumiNova.
- A premium ISO certified rubber dive strap. This is also affixed to the watch case via screwed pins, a more robust and safer option than the more typical spring bars. This timepiece also comes with an additional NATO strap and shark mesh bracelet. All three are very practical choices for an adventurous lifestyle.
- The quality assurance that comes from a Swiss Made timepiece with a reliable Swiss mechanical automatic movement. No batteries required. Neminus' founders went above and beyond the steps normally taken by a microbrand and personally supervised the production and testing of these watches in Switzerland.
Get an additional $100 off (USD) when ordering both the Neminus Spaceman Earth Dweller and Neminus Spaceman Mars Traveler together by using "spacemen" as a discount coupon code during checkout!
Space Exploration Theme
The Neminus Spaceman series is a collection of three limited edition models, the Earth Dweller, Moon Explorer, and Mars Traveler, each celebrating an aspect of humanity's reach for the stars, with a different famous space exploration quotation on the back of each model. A lot of thought has gone into the design, and, apart from the very obvious planet, other space theme tie-ins include the following:
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Neminus Spaceman Mars Traveler.
- Limited Edition Size: 99 numbered timepieces. This is a very small production run size, making the Neminus Spaceman quite a rare timepiece.
- Complications: Edged date window at 3 o'clock.
- Color Scheme: Titanium, silver and black.
- Water Resistance: 30 ATM / 300 meters / 1,000 feet.
- Diameter: 44mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 52mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 16mm.
- Case: Titanium colored 316L marine grade stainless steel with scratch resistant diamond-like carbon (DLC) finish, name plate, helium escape valve, and screwed lug pins. Crown design is based on the shape of a rocket nozzle.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel with unique cupola window based on the famous cupola window in the International Space Station with full color galaxy/nebula view seen through the window.
- Bezel: Titanium colored 316L marine grade stainless steel with scratch resistant diamond-like carbon (DLC) finish, 120 click unidirectional bezel with lumed pip and sawtooth grip edge. Concentric circles on bezel top symbolize the orbit of the planets.
- Weight: 145 grams.
- Dial Type: Black dial with unique radiant "starburst" guilloché pattern background, applied silver-colored indices with Swiss Super-LumiNova lume, and a prominent 3D textured model of Mars with varying hues of orange-red.
- Glass Type: 5mm thick scratch resistant domed sapphire crystal with no less than 4 layers of anti-reflective coating.
- Hands: Open hands enclosing a fully lumed outline of a rocket booster.
- Lume: Swiss Super-LumiNova X1 grade (the brightest) thickly applied to hands and bezel pip. The dial indices are also lumed with Swiss Super-Luminova.
- Straps Included: Professional ISO certified premium 22mm rubber straps installed with screwed lug pins. Also included are a 22mm black NATO strap and 22mm shark mesh bracelet.
- Movement: Elabore grade 26 jewel Swiss Sellita SW200-1 automatic movement.
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Up to 38 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 3 year international warranty.
We Also Recommend
Gruppo Gamma Divemaster Mk II DG-02 - Swiss ETA 2824-2
Melbourne Portsea Calendar — Black (Triple Calendar)
Melbourne Portsea Calendar — Navy Blue (Triple Calendar)
Relio Solstice Red - Sports Watch (Burgundy Fumé Sunburst)