Mercer Lexington Bi-Compax Chronograph
Built and tested in the USA, the Lexington comes in a choice of three color schemes:
- White + Silver: An elegant, dressy white faced watch with silver sunburst sub-dials made up of fine concentric circles.
- White + Black: A classic panda, with a white face and black sub-dials.
- Blue + Silver: A modern reverse panda, with an indigo blue face and silver sunburst sub-dials made up of fine concentric circles.
Why We Love This Watch
The watch looks great from the front, especially on the Italian calf leather rally strap that it comes with, but by far the most outstanding feature is it's large exhibition case back that perfectly shows off the ST1901 mechanical movement that powers this timepiece. As a hand wound movement, there is no rotor to block the intricate view of the chronograph's cogs and wheels, and the movement is very nicely decorated with Côtes de Genève finishing, a mix of gold and silver colored components, and blued screws.
For horologists, the Seagull ST1901 movement also has an interesting historical association with the Swiss Venus 175. When Venus closed up shop, they sold not just the design but the equipment to manufacture the movement to Seagull, who then started producing the design as the Seagull ST19 series.
Mechanical chronographs (a chronograph is a wrist watch with a stop-watch built in) are more complex than simple three handed watches with their additional sub-dials, and typically carry a price tag to match. We find the Lexington to be a very affordable option in this category.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Mercer Lexington LEXWS, LEXWA & LEXIS.
- Complications: Chronograph.
- Color Schemes: White/silver, White/black & Blue/silver.
- Water Resistance: 5 ATM / 50 meters / 165 feet.
- Diameter: 39mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 49mm.
- Lug Width: 20mm.
- Height: 13.5mm.
- Case: Polished marine grade 316L stainless steel.
- Case Back: Exhibition case back.
- Dial Type: Applied indices with two sub-dials.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant high domed K1 crystal.
- Bezel: Polished marine grade 316L stainless steel.
- Straps Included: 1x 20mm Italian calf leather rally strap.
- Movement: 19 jewel Seagull ST1901 hand-wound movement.
- Oscillation: 21,600 BPH, (6 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: No.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: No.
- Power Reserve: 38 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
- Documentation: Owner's Manual.
We Also Recommend
Mercer Brigadier Chronograph (Mecha-quartz)
Straton Legera Standard - VK63 Mecha-Quartz (Brown)
Straton Legera Standard - VK63 Mecha-Quartz (Blue)
Straton Legera Standard - VK63 Mecha-Quartz (Grey)