Henry Archer Nordsø Tempest - Blue Meteorite
This is the 40mm Henry Archer Nordsø Tempest, a 200 meter dive watch, which features a blue meteorite dial. See all of our Henry Archer Nordsø colors.
Why We Love This Watch
The perfect choice for a Scandinavian microbrand, (being a meteorite that landed in Scandinavia,) the Muonionalusta meteorite is also the world's oldest known meteorite, at over 4.5 billion years' old, and features some rare elements and exceptionally rare minerals such as stishovite. We think all this adds greatly to the already very cool factor of owning something extra-terrestrial, which didn't originate on Earth.
Great Attention To Detail
Look closer and you can also see some great attention to detail, from the gnurling on the crown that matches the gnurling on the edge of the bezel, to the mix of finely brushed finishes and mirror polished edges that nicely accent the thin profile. We love the semi-skeletonized hand-set with unusually rounded hand ends and the choice to go with half second outer track markings, making the Henry Archer Nordsø Tempest both a fun and stylish timepiece.
Engineering to Match
Despite having an automatic self-winding movement and an exhibition case-back, this 200 meter rated dive watch is surprisingly thin, with a slender 10½mm profile that includes the sapphire crystal. Henry Archer didn't cut corners, and it's great to see another scratch resistant sapphire crystal on the back as well, plus no less than six layers of anti-reflective coating. Also included is the brighter, longer lasting, and more expensive premium grade version of blue Swiss Super-LumiNova BGW9 lume.
What's with the Name?
Nordsø is Danish for "North Sea", the sea that lies between Great Britain and Denmark, and is we think a very apt name for this Danish microbrand's dive watch. With an English language alphabet, this can be written as Nordsoe, or sometimes Nordso.
- Type: Microbrand dive watch with natural meteorite dial.
- Reference: Henry Archer Nordsø Tempest. (Blue Meteorite.)
- Color Scheme: Blue dial with white markings and yellow accents. Black bezel with white markings. Lume that is white in daylight, and can glow blue when dark. Silver-colored case and bracelet.
- Water Resistance: 20 ATM / 200 meters / 660 feet.
- Diameter: 40mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 47mm.
- Lug Width: 20mm.
- Height: 10½mm, including crystal. (Very thin for an automatic dive watch.)
Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel with a finely brushed finish accented by highly polished edges.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel screw down exhibition case back with scratch resistant sapphire crystal window.
- Dial: Natural meteorite dial made from the extra-terrestrial Muonionalusta meteorite, with a protective blue PVD finish. White filled applied indices and semi-skeletonized hands lumed with BGW9. Yellow second hand with lumed pip. White logo and model name followed by a yellow water resistance rating label. White and light blue outer track markings in half-second intervals.
- Dial Crystal: Scratch resistant sapphire crystal with six layers of AR coating.
- Bezel: 120 click unidirectional rotating bezel with scratch resistant ceramic insert, and a gnurled side grip to match the gnurling on the crown. White markings lumed with BGW9.
- Crown: Screw-down crown with logo, and side gnurling that compliments the bezel grip gnurling.
- Lume: Premium grade Swiss Super-LumiNova BGW9 lume (which glows blue in the dark when charged) applied to all hands, hour indices, and all bezel markings.
- Bracelet Included: 316L stainless steel beads-of-rice bracelet with female end links and quick-release pins. Milled and branded diver's safety clasp featuring double pushers, and three micro-adjust positions. Please note some images kindly supplied by Henry Archer may show male end links or standard pins, but we have verified that these watches all have female end links and convenient quick release pins for easy strap changes. (No tools required.)
- Movement: 24 jewel Miyota 9039 high beat automatic movement.
- Oscillation: 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: 42 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
Henry Archer Nordsø Horizon Blue (Sunburst Dial)
Henry Archer Nordsø Crimson Red (Sunburst Dial)
Henry Archer Nordsø Glacier Cyan (Sunburst Dial)
Henry Archer Nordsø Iris (Lavender Sunburst Dial)