Henry Archer Nordsø - Neon III 316 (Purple Sunburst Dial)
Why We Love This Watch
Our Favorite Purple Sunburst
The 40mm Henry Archer Nordsø Neon III 316 features a number of improvements over earlier Neon 316 releases that we really like. All of the Neon 316 dive watches take their name from the extremely colorful outer track, and one of the most welcome changes here is the switch away from less functional half second markings seen on past models. In typical Henry Archer fashion, the color scheme works so well here that we think it speaks for itself. Other improvements include a wider crown for a better grip, female end links for a better fit, quick release pins for easier strap changes, and a quick adjust clasp, which is an especially nice touch. The new clasp is fully milled and allows for convenient tool-less on-the-fly micro-adjustments to the bracelet size.
Great Attention To Detail
You can see some great attention to detail here, from the gnurling on the crown that matches the gnurling on the edge of the bezel, to the mix of finely brushed finishes and mirror polished edges that nicely accent the thin profile. We love the semi-skeletonized hand-set with unusually rounded hand ends and of course the wonderful use of color that makes the Henry Archer Nordsø Neon III 316 both a fun and stylish timepiece.
Engineering to Match
Despite having an automatic self-winding movement and an exhibition case-back, this 200 meter rated dive watch is surprisingly thin, with a slender 10½mm profile that includes the sapphire crystal. Henry Archer didn't cut corners, and it's great to see another scratch resistant sapphire crystal on the back as well, plus no less than six layers of anti-reflective coating. Also included is the brighter, longer lasting, and more expensive premium grade version of blue Swiss Super-LumiNova BGW9 lume.
What's with the Name?
Nordsø is Danish for "North Sea", the sea that lies between Great Britain and Denmark, and is we think a very apt name for a Danish microbrand's dive watch. With an English language alphabet, this can be written as Nordsoe, or sometimes Nordso.
The Henry Archer Nordsø Neon III 316 is a new design that is being manufactured for the first time, and is not yet in stock. Henry Archer have estimated that production will complete in December. As a convenience to our customers, we're allowing pre-orders to be placed against the incoming stock we've already paid for, and we'll be shipping these watches on to our customers within two business days after we receive them.
Once we have the DHL tracking information from Henry Archer, we'll post an update here to let our customers know, as well as sending out shipping notices as soon as we've shipped. If there are any delays in receiving these watches from Henry Archer, (possible if we get into the holiday season in the second half of December,) we'll also post any updates here as we receive them.
As always, our customers can cancel any pre-order they have with us at any time for a full refund, right up until we have the watches in stock.
To learn more about pre-ordering watches, please visit our pre-orders page.
- Type: Microbrand dive watch with sunburst dial.
- Reference: Henry Archer Nordsø Neon III 316. (4th Generation.)
Color Scheme: Purple sunburst dial with black bezel, white markings, a colorful range of accent colors around the outer track, and blue lume.
- Water Resistance: 20 ATM / 200 meters / 660 feet.
- Diameter: 40mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 47mm.
- Lug Width: 20mm.
- Height: 10½mm, including crystal. (Very thin for an automatic dive watch.)
Case: Marine grade 316L stainless steel with a finely brushed finish accented by highly polished edges.
- Case Back: Marine grade 316L stainless steel screw down exhibition case back with scratch resistant sapphire crystal window.
- Dial: Purple sunburst dial with unique and distinctive multi-color outer track markings. White filled applied indices and semi-skeletonized hands lumed with BGW9. Cyan-colored second hand with lumed pip. White logo and model name followed by an orange water resistance rating label.
- Dial Crystal: Scratch resistant sapphire crystal with six layers of AR coating.
- Bezel: 120 click unidirectional rotating bezel with scratch resistant ceramic insert, and a gnurled side grip to match the gnurling on the crown. White hour markings lumed with BGW9 mixed with cyan accents.
- Crown: Screw-down crown with logo, and side gnurling that compliments the bezel grip gnurling.
Lume: Premium grade Swiss Super-LumiNova BGW9 lume.
(Glows blue in the dark when charged.)
- Bracelet Included: Marine grade 316L stainless steel beads-of-rice bracelet with female end links, quick release pins, and a deployant clasp with tool-less diver's extension, which allows for on the fly micro-adjustments.
- Movement: 24 jewel Miyota 9039 high beat automatic movement.
- Oscillation: 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: 42 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
Henry Archer Nordsø Horizon Blue (Sunburst Dial)
Henry Archer Nordsø Crimson Red (Sunburst Dial)
Henry Archer Nordsø Glacier Cyan (Sunburst Dial)
Henry Archer Nordsø Iris (Lavender Sunburst Dial)