Henry Archer Nordsø - Neon II 316 2nd Gen (Purple Sunburst Dial)
This is the 2nd gen. of the 40mm Henry Archer Nordsø Neon II 316, a 200 meter dive watch, which features a very playful purple sunburst dial. See all of our Henry Archer Nordsø colors.
Improvements over the first generation include a mix of cyan and white markings on the bezel, female end links for a better fit, and convenient quick release pins for easier strap changes.
Why We Love This Watch
Our Favorite Purple Sunburst
The limited edition Henry Archer Nordsø Galactic Purple was easily our fastest selling Nordsø, that quickly sold out. We're excited to see Henry Archer back with another purple sunburst Nordsø, the Neon II 316. This time our eyes are also drawn to the new range of very noticeable accent colors on the outer track, that give rise to the Neon name. Other improvements include a cleaner two color bezel design that help keep the focus on the outer track, and a more balanced use of warmer colors such as the orange water resistance rating. Lots to like here, even if the sun isn't out.
Great Attention To Detail
Look closer and you can also see some great attention to detail, from the gnurling on the crown that matches the gnurling on the edge of the bezel, to the mix of finely brushed finishes and mirror polished edges that nicely accent the thin profile. We love the semi-skeletonized hand-set with unusually rounded hand ends and the choice to go with half second outer track markings, making the Henry Archer Nordsø Neon II 316 both a fun and stylish timepiece.
Engineering to Match
Despite having an automatic self-winding movement and an exhibition case-back, this 200 meter rated dive watch is surprisingly thin, with a slender 10½mm profile that includes the sapphire crystal. Henry Archer didn't cut corners, and it's great to see another scratch resistant sapphire crystal on the back as well, plus no less than six layers of anti-reflective coating. Also included is the brighter, longer lasting, and more expensive premium grade version of blue Swiss Super-LumiNova BGW9 lume.
What's with the Name?
Nordsø is Danish for "North Sea", the sea that lies between Great Britain and Denmark, and is we think a very apt name for a Danish microbrand's dive watch. With an English language alphabet, this can be written as Nordsoe, or sometimes Nordso.
Type: Microbrand dive watch.
- Reference: Henry Archer Nordsø Neon II 316. (2nd Generation.)
Color Scheme: Purple sunburst dial with black bezel, white markings, a colorful range of accent colors around the outer track, and blue lume.
- Water Resistance: 20 ATM / 200 meters / 660 feet.
- Diameter: 40mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 47mm.
- Lug Width: 20mm.
- Height: 10½mm, including crystal. (Very thin for an automatic dive watch.)
Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel with a finely brushed finish accented by highly polished edges.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel screw down exhibition case back with scratch resistant sapphire crystal window.
- Dial: Purple sunburst dial with unique and distinctive multi-color outer track marked for half seconds. White filled applied indices and semi-skeletonized hands lumed with BGW9. Cyan-colored second hand with lumed pip. White logo and model name followed by an orange water resistance rating label.
- Dial Crystal: Scratch resistant sapphire crystal with six layers of AR coating.
- Bezel: 120 click unidirectional rotating bezel with scratch resistant ceramic insert, and a gnurled side grip to match the gnurling on the crown. White hour markings lumed with BGW9 mixed with cyan accents.
- Crown: Screw-down crown with logo, and side gnurling that compliments the bezel grip gnurling.
Lume: Premium grade Swiss Super-LumiNova BGW9 lume.
(Glows blue in the dark when charged.)
- Bracelet Included: 316L stainless steel beads-of-rice bracelet with milled diver's safety clasp featuring double pushers and three micro-adjust positions.
- Movement: 24 jewel Miyota 9039 high beat automatic movement.
- Oscillation: 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: 42 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
Henry Archer Nordsø Eclipse - Black Meteorite - Black Case
Henry Archer Nordsø Tempest - Blue Meteorite
Henry Archer Nordsø Horizon Blue (Sunburst Dial)
Henry Archer Nordsø Glacier Cyan (Sunburst Dial)