Henry Archer Nordsø Crimson Red (Sunburst Dial)
This is the 40mm Henry Archer Nordsø Crimson Red, a 200 meter dive watch, which features a vibrant sunburst red dial. See all of our Henry Archer Nordsø colors.
Why We Love This Watch
The vivid radial sunburst effect that can play with the light as your watch moves, combined with the rich use of several colors that are perfectly balanced, (something Henry Archer is well known for,) immediately grabs your attention. We think these watches scream summer fun and sophistication in equal measure.
Great Attention To Detail
Look closer and you can also see some great attention to detail, from the gnurling on the crown that matches the gnurling on the edge of the bezel, to the mix of finely brushed finishes and mirror polished edges that nicely accent the thin profile. We love the semi-skeletonized hand-set with unusually rounded hand ends, and the use of a lighter red as a secondary accent color on the outer track and bezel, which helps tie the design together so well here.
Engineering to Match
Despite having an automatic self-winding movement and an exhibition case-back, this 200 meter rated dive watch is surprisingly thin, with a slender 10½mm profile that includes the sapphire crystal. Henry Archer didn't cut corners, and it's great to see another scratch resistant sapphire crystal on the back as well, plus no less than six layers of anti-reflective coating. Also included is the brighter, longer lasting, and more expensive premium grade version of blue Swiss Super-LumiNova BGW9 lume.
What's with the Name?
Nordsø is Danish for "North Sea", the sea that lies between Great Britain and Denmark, and is we think a very apt name for this Danish microbrand's dive watch. With an English language alphabet, this can be written as Nordsoe, or sometimes Nordso.
- Type: Microbrand dive watch with sunburst dial.
- Reference: Henry Archer Nordsø Crimson Red.
- Color Scheme: Sunburst red dial with white and light red markings. Black bezel with white and light red markings. Cyan accents. Cyan blue BGW9 lume.
- Water Resistance: 20 ATM / 200 meters / 660 feet.
- Diameter: 40mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 47mm.
- Lug Width: 20mm.
- Height: 10½mm, including crystal. (Very thin for an automatic dive watch.)
Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel with a finely brushed finish accented by highly polished edges.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel screw down exhibition case back with scratch resistant sapphire crystal window.
- Dial: Sunburst red dial with white applied indices, semi-skeletonized hour and minute hands, white and light red outer track markings, and cyan second hand.
- Dial Crystal: Scratch resistant sapphire crystal with six layers of AR coating.
- Bezel: 120 click unidirectional rotating bezel with scratch resistant ceramic insert, and a gnurled side grip to match the gnurling on the crown. White and red bezel markings, with all white markings lumed.
- Crown: Screw-down crown with logo, and gnurling that matches the bezel.
- Lume: Premium grade Swiss Super-LumiNova BGW9 lume (glows blue in the dark when charged) on all hands, applied indices, and white bezel markings.
- Bracelet Included: 316L stainless steel beads-of-rice bracelet with female end links and quick-release pins for easier strap changes. Milled and branded diver's safety clasp featuring double pushers and three micro-adjust positions.
- Movement: 24 jewel Miyota 9039 high beat automatic movement.
- Oscillation: 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: 42 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
Henry Archer Nordsø Horizon Blue (Sunburst Dial)
Henry Archer Nordsø Glacier Cyan (Sunburst Dial)
Henry Archer Nordsø Iris (Lavender Sunburst Dial)
Henry Archer Nordsø Yellowfin (Sunburst Dial)