Gruppo Gamma Peacemaker PN-18 - Swiss ETA 2824-2
We also sell a green dial version of the Gruppo Gamma Mk I Peacemaker. Both versions come with Gruppo Gamma's hard-back travel pouch capable of holding two watches.
Why We Love This Watch
It's difficult to pigeonhole the Gruppo Gamma Peacemaker PN-18 as it is an exceptionally well-made timepiece that easily stretches to fill a number of roles. We have it listed as a "dive watch" due to it's 200 meter water rating and thick lume which shows strongly with it's sandwich dial design. Yet really it doesn't have a dive bezel and has more of a dressy look, which crosses over equally well as a very robust field watch or classic/vintage dressier timepiece with it's gorgeous fumé California dial variation, and large 44mm cushion case with classic lines.
The vintage lume (Swiss Super-LumiNova of course) and vintage-style boxed sapphire crystal, together with the CuSn8 bronze case, which tends to develop the best patinas over time, really round out the vintage aesthetic. In short, this is a stylish tool watch that looks drop-dead gorgeous at work or at play and we love it for it's versatility as much as the quality of the build.
There's probably a lot more we can say here about the quality of this Gruppo Gamma Peacemaker but for anyone who knows Gruppo Gamma, that won't be necessary. Suffice to say that the movement within, the ultra-reliable and robust Swiss ETA 2824-2 workhorse, feels delightfully buttery smooth to wind vs other common Swiss movement choices, the Horween strap is from probably the most respected tannery out there, the case material is generally considered the best marine grade bronze available, and Gruppo Gamma's legendary attention to detail all make their timepieces highly sought after and collectible. This is probably why they tend to sell out so quickly.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Gruppo Gamma Mk I Peacemaker PN-18.
- Color Scheme: Blue dial with vintage cream indices in a bronze case.
- Water Resistance: 20 ATM / 200 meters / 660 feet.
- Diameter: 44mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 52mm.
- Lug Width: 24mm.
- Height: 11½mm, excluding crystal.
- Case: Marine grade CuSn8 bronze with brushed finish.
- Case Back: Marine grade 316L stainless steel with exhibition window.
- Dial Type: Two tone gradient fumé sandwich dial with a variation of a classic California dial configuration.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant boxed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
- Bezel: Fixed.
- Lume: Swiss Super-LumiNova Old Radium vintage lume color.
- Straps Included: 1x pair of 24mm Horween leather straps with matching bronze hardware and screwed lug ends. (Screwdriver provided.) Please note that the rustic blue straps initially have a very dark tone when new but their distressed finish will create beautiful leather creases that show more blue over time, adding a lot of interest, charm and character as they age, which we think makes a good parallel to the desirable bronze patina that will also develop over time.
- Movement: 25 jewel Swiss ETA 2824-2 automatic movement.
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Up to 38 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 year. Registration within thirty days of purchase required.
We Also Recommend
Gruppo Gamma Divemaster Mk II DG-02 - Swiss ETA 2824-2
Melbourne Portsea Calendar — Black (Triple Calendar)
Melbourne Portsea Calendar — Navy Blue (Triple Calendar)
Relio Solstice Red - Sports Watch (Burgundy Fumé Sunburst)