Direnzo DRZ_02 Blue SS - Swiss Made Limited Edition
We carry the Direnzo DRZ_02 in a variety of colors, (sunburst blue, sunburst green, sunburst grey, sunburst black,) with both stainless steel and black PVD finished cases.
The Microbrand Store™ is only offering the more desirable versions that come with the integrated round date window above six o'clock, which greatly adds to the look of this design. Some of the images here are the no-date versions, which are otherwise identical.
Each watch comes with a complementary Direnzo genuine leather watch wallet that can hold two DRZ_02 watches plus an additional strap.
Why We Love This Watch
Simply put, we think this is the best designed dress watch we've seen on Kickstarter, with amazing attention to detail, and the specs on this Swiss Made automatic are awesome too. Since this is a very small size limited edition, and a truly iconic design which we doubt collectors will want to part with, we do expect this to sell out, and wouldn't be surprised if these timepieces significantly increase in value over time on the secondary market.
The cushion case is thin and elegant, and has some seriously sexy curves accented by it's concave sides and mix of finely brushing with mirror polished accents. The sandwich dial also curves down from the bezel to the center of the watch in a matching dish shape that adds a lot of depth to the design, accented by the fumé gradient moving from a subtly darker color at the rim to the eye-catching soft sunburst at the center of the dial.
The design of the indices is very unique, in a class of it's own, highly functional yet elegant, reminding us of a gear stick in an automobile, which is very appropriate since the inspiration for this fantastically curvy design comes from the futuristic curves found in classic Bugatti vehicles of the 1930s. The classic car theme is further picked up on by the use of vintage style rally racing straps, which also neatly pick up on the curves and circles found throughout the watch design.
Curves and circles... It's the small touches that make these timepieces stand out. For example, the circular index at six ties in with the color matched circular date window just above it, which is the same size as the circular outline of the Direnzo logo just above that. The circular pip on the second hand passes precisely over the center of the date window and there are further circles, such as the one at the base of the second hand which matches in size to the original lume pip, making for an elegant flow of circles from the center of the dial to the index.
This watch has elegance and symmetry and achieves a lovely balance between a modern design and vintage styling that we didn't think was possible. It's not just the good looks that make this appealing however. With a highly reliable Swiss automatic movement, scratch resistant sapphire glass with anti-reflective coating, and a 50 meter water rating, this is a robust timepiece that has been built to last. Even the exhibition case-back features sapphire glass, a nice touch indicative that the designer chose not to cut any corners here.
The only mistake we can see Direnzo made is that we think they've significantly under-priced the retail price of this timepiece. Our recommendation: Get it while you can.
Independent Direnzo DRZ_02 Watch Reviews
Please note that only 400 of these iconic watches are being made, and due to their popularity, we will not be able to restock these once we sell out.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Direnzo DRZ_02 Model DRZ_02_SS_blue.
- Limited Edition Size: 400 numbered timepieces. (All colors combined.)
- Complications: Matching circular date window at 6 o'clock.
- Color Scheme: Sunburst blue with cyan, white and silver.
- Water Resistance: 5 ATM / 50 meters / 165 feet.
- Diameter: 41mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 48mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 11mm.
- Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel with silver colored finish with a subtle mix of finely brushed and mirror polished surfaces.
- Case Back: Exhibition case back with scratch resistant sapphire glass.
- Dial Type: Dish-shaped sandwich fumé dial with radiating sunburst.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
- Bezel: Fixed.
- Lume: Swiss Super-Luminova.
- Straps Included: 1x set of 22mm vintage rally-style genuine leather vegetable-tanned light brown straps, hand-made in Germany, with quick release pins.
- Movement: 26 jewel Swiss Sellita SW200 automatic mechanical movement.
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Up to 38 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
Straton Speciale - Swiss Valjoux 7750 (Blue, Polished Case)
Straton Legera Standard - Swiss Valjoux 7753 (Blue)
Straton Legera Bullhead - Swiss Valjoux 7750 (Blue)
Gruppo Gamma Peacemaker PN-18 - Swiss ETA 2824-2