Direnzo DRZ04 Mondial V2 Red Sunburst - Swiss Made
When the original Direnzo DRZ04 Mondial sports dress watches arrived, they were an instant hit and very quickly sold out. We're excited to also carry this new second release of such an outstanding series, the Direnzo DRZ04 Mondial V2. These are fundamentally the same Swiss Made sports dress watches, but with some hot new colors that have proven to be equally popular, including a light blue pastel, a purple sunburst, and a rare red meteorite limited edition, all of which are already sold out on Direnzo's own web site. As Direnzo's first authorized dealer, we couldn't be more excited with such an outstanding new selection of colors.
The Direnzo DRZ04 Mondial V2 Red listed here has a fume gradient dial, which subtly changes from a very dark red-black outer edge to a vibrant red inner core that also has a soft sunburst effect. Our favorite color choice from the V2 series that brings a lot to look at and enjoy, as well as being the most complex model color on offer, the colors and fume sunburst effect echo the DRZ03 and DRZ05 burgundy red fume sunburst watches which proved so popular in the past.
Why We Love This Watch
Robust Field Capabilities
With the Direnzo DRZ04 Mondial V2's good looks, you'd be forgiven for mistakenly thinking this is a delicate timepiece. As well as having a screw down crown and 100 meters (330 feet) of water resistance, the same as many dive watches, the Direnzo DRZ04 boasts scratch resistant sapphire crystal on both the front of the watch and the exhibition case back too, showing off the reliable Swiss elabore grade movement with an upgraded Incabloc shock protection system. Rounding out the field watch capabilities of this timepiece that squarely puts it in the sports dress watch category is a very welcome 800 Vickers scratch resistant coating on the 316L marine grade steel case. This is a watch you can comfortably wear from the boardroom to the beach.
The 40mm Direnzo DRZ04 V2 takes some of its design cues from the Direnzo DRZ02, a prior microbrand watch of the year winner, distilled into a stunning sports watch design, but with the same great attention to detail. There's a lot to see, from how the lollipop second hand passes precisely over the center of the edged porthole date window, to the unique skeletonized handset that is so iconic for Direnzo, to the delicious triple sandwich layers of contrasting finish on the side of the case, with the angled upper edge of the bezel, and the chamfered top and bottom edges of the main case having a mirror polished finish, which nicely contrasts with the fine brushed finishes found elsewhere, and helps accent the curves on this timepiece.
The brushed and polished contrasts perfectly flow onto the integrated bracelet with a continuation on the polished chamfered edges and center links. The bracelet also features screwed links and an elegant taper, and comes with a stylish signed butterfly clasp that features a double button push release.
One of the most beautiful features of this timepiece is the deep dish dial, CNC milled from a single block that is extremely alluring. As always, Direnzo brings us another outstanding balanced design, one that can stand up to and easily best some of the latest sports dress watches from other Swiss brands, such as the Tissot PRX. Direnzo have a winning design with the DRZ04 Mondial V2 that combined with the rarity of their small production run, brings a lot of value to the table.
Videos / Reviews
Please note there may be a few inaccuracies in the reviewers' comments. For example these watches do not come with fully drilled lugs. However, the videos are mostly correct and we believe give a very helpful and fair impression of the look, fit, finish and quality.
- Reference: Direnzo DRZ 04 Mondial V2 Red.
Type: Swiss Made microbrand sports dress watch from a true Swiss microbrand.
Complications: Circular date window at 6 o'clock.
- Color Scheme: Red fume gradient dial with a soft sunburst effect. White indices and hands filled with Swiss Super-Luminova BGW9 lume. Silver-colored stainless steel case with a mix of polished and brushed finishes.
- Water Resistance: 10 ATM / 100 meters / 330 feet.
- Diameter: 40mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 48mm.
- Height: 11.9mm including sapphire crystal.
Lug Width: N/A - Integrated bracelet with recessed first link.
Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel case with a mostly finely brushed finish, accented by polished chamfered edges on the sides and fixed bezel, with a screw-down signed crown. Case is finished with an 800 HV scratch resistant coating.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel screw down case back with a scratch resistant sapphire crystal exhibition case back highlighting the elaboré grade Swiss automatic movement with decorated custom rotor.
- Dial Type: Deep dish-shaped red fume dial made from a single CNC machined block, with a subtle gradient from a very dark red-black on the outer edge to a lighter core red in the center that also has a soft sunburst effect. Applied major indices filled with BGW9 Swiss Super-LumiNova lume. Semi-skeletonized custom handset also with BGW9 fill, and featuring a lollipop second hand which perfectly aligns with both the inner track markings and the circular date window. Edged circular date window.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant double domed sapphire crystal with AR coating.
- Bezel: Fixed bezel with a contrasting mix of mirror polished and brushed edges.
- Lume: Swiss Super-LumiNova BGW9 - glows blue in the dark when charged.
- Bracelet: An integrated 316L stainless steel tapering H-link bracelet is included with a signed butterfly clasp featuring a double pusher release. The screwed link bracelet is also finished with an 800 Vickers scratch resistant coating, and features a contrast of polished and brushed finishes to match the dial, with polished beveled edges and center links.
- Movement: 26 jewel Swiss Sellita SW200-1 elaboré grade automatic movement.
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Up to 38 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
Direnzo DRZ03 Eclipse V2 Silver White - Swiss Made
Direnzo DRZ03 Eclipse V2 Aqua Blue - Swiss Made
Direnzo DRZ03 Eclipse V2 Black Meteorite LE - Swiss Made