Direnzo DRZ04 Mondial Meteorite - Swiss Made Limited Edition
The Direnzo DRZ04 Mondial sports dress watch comes in several colors, including a soft green sunburst, soft azure blue sunburst, and a rare black meteorite that comes in a very small limited edition size of just 40 timepieces.
Why We Love This Watch
The 40mm Direnzo DRZ04 takes some of its design cues from the Direnzo DRZ02, a prior microbrand watch of the year winner, distilled into a stunning sports watch design, but with the same great attention to detail. There's a lot to see, from how the lollipop second hand passes precisely over the center of the edged porthole date window, to the unique skeletonized handset that is so iconic for Direnzo, to the delicious triple sandwich layers of contrasting finish on the side of the case, with the angled upper edge of the bezel, and the chamfered top and bottom edges of the main case having a mirror polished finish, which nicely contrasts with the fine brushed finishes found elsewhere, and helps accent the curves on this timepiece.
The brushed and polished contrasts perfectly flow onto the integrated bracelet with a continuation on the polished chamfered edges and center links. The bracelet also features screwed links and an elegant taper, and comes with both a stylish signed butterfly clasp and a divers' clasp included for those that prefer to have micro-adjustments on their bracelets. Both clasps feature double button push releases.
Robust Field Capabilities
With the Direnzo DRZ04 Mondial's good looks, you'd be forgiven for mistakenly thinking this is a delicate timepiece. As well as having a screw down crown and 100 meters (330 feet) of water resistance, the same as many dive watches, the Direnzo DRZ04 boasts scratch resistant sapphire crystal on both the front of the watch and the exhibition case back too, showing off the reliable Swiss elabore grade movement with an upgraded Incabloc shock protection system. Rounding out the field watch capabilities of this timepiece that squarely puts it in the sports dress watch category is a very welcome 800 Vickers scratch resistant coating on the 316L marine grade steel case. This is a watch you can comfortably wear from the boardroom to the beach.
Most Desirable Meteorite
The extra-terrestrial black meteorite dial in the Direnzo DRZ04 Mondial Meteorite edition comes from the Muonionalusta meteorite, the oldest discovered meteorite on Earth. In addition to being the oldest, the Muonionalusta meteorite includes rare elements and an exceptionally rare mineral, stishovite, which is only found in a very few meteorites. We think this makes the Muonionalusta meteorite the most desirable one to collect, and this watch can lead to some fascinating conversations.
Limited Edition Rarity
The Direnzo DRZ04 Mondial Meteorite comes in a very small limited edition size of only 40 timepieces, instantly making this model a somewhat rare collectible. These sold out on Direnzo's site in just a few days, and we were only able to snag a minimal quantity for our store since we paid for our order some months before this model was first announced. Given that all Direnzo watches ever since their first release have always sold out extremely quickly and this is a very desirable Swiss timepiece with impeccable aesthetics, we fully expect this model to be in exceptionally high demand.
- Reference: Direnzo DRZ 04 Mondial Meteorite.
Type: Swiss Made microbrand sports dress watch from a true Swiss microbrand.
Limited Edition Size: 40 timepieces. Please note that only this meteorite version of the Direnzo DRZ 04 Mondial is a limited edition.
Complications: Color-matched circular date window at 6 o'clock.
- Color Scheme: Black meteorite dial with white major indices and hour and minute hands, accented with red outer track minute markings, lollipop second hand, date window, and logo. BGW9 lume (glows blue.) Silver-colored stainless steel case.
- Water Resistance: 10 ATM / 100 meters / 330 feet.
- Diameter: 40mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 48mm.
- Height: 11.9mm.
Lug Width: N/A - Integrated bracelet with recessed first link.
Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel case with a mostly finely brushed finish accented by polished chamfered edges on the sides and fixed bezel, with a screw-down signed crown. Case is finished with an 800 HV scratch resistant coating.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel screw down case back with a scratch resistant sapphire crystal exhibition case back highlighting the elaboré grade Swiss automatic movement with decorated custom rotor.
- Dial Type: Matt black meteorite dial made from the Muonionalusta meteorite, the world's oldest discovered meteorite, which features some rare elements and exceptionally rare minerals. Applied major indices filled with BGW9 Swiss Super-LumiNova lume. Semi-skeletonized custom handset also with BGW9 fill, and featuring a red lollipop second hand which perfectly aligns with both the inner track markings and the circular date window. Curved chapter ring with red and white outer track markings. Edged circular date window with red background.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant double domed sapphire crystal with AR coating.
- Bezel: Fixed bezel with a contrasting mix of mirror polished and brushed edges.
- Lume: Swiss Super-LumiNova BGW9 - glows blue in the dark when charged.
- Bracelet: An integrated 316L stainless steel tapering H-link bracelet is included with both a butterfly clasp (installed) and a diver's safety clasp provided. Both clasps are signed and feature a double push button release, with several micro-adjust positions on the diver's clasp. The screwed link bracelet is finished with an 800 Vickers scratch resistant coating, and features a contrast of polished and brushed finishes to match the dial, with polished beveled edges and center links.
- Movement: 26 jewel Swiss Sellita SW200-1 elaboré grade automatic movement.
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Up to 38 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
Direnzo DRZ03 Eclipse (Grey-Black) - Swiss Made Limited Edition
Direnzo DRZ03 Eclipse (Blue Moon) - Swiss Made Limited Edition