Direnzo DRZ03 Eclipse V2 Black Meteorite LE - Swiss Made
The Direnzo DRZ03 Eclipse V2 is a Swiss Made 40mm dive watch from our favorite genuine Swiss microbrand. We're stocking all of the colors in just the date window variant.
Why We Love This Watch
Muonionalusta Meteorite Limited Edition
With a very small limited edition size of just 80 individually numbered timepieces, the Direnzo DRZ03 Eclipse V2 Black Meteorite should appeal to many watch collectors. Adding to the rarity factor is the slice of extra-terrestrial Muonionalusta meteorite that is used for the inner sector of the dial. The Muonionalusta meteorite contains stishovite, an exceptionally rare mineral only found in a very few meteorite impact structures, and it also makes a fantastic conversation point as the world's oldest discovered meteorite, having landed on Earth approximately one million years ago.
Direnzo's Attention to Detail
The Eclipse takes it's name from a solar eclipse where you see the sun's halo poking out from behind the moon. Direnzo have done a fantastic job emphasizing that by the use of of a darker disc to represent the moon in the middle of the dial with a lighter reflective outer area surrounding it. That in itself is a nice touch, but Direnzo have a second eclipse in store for the careful observer too, where the lollipop on the second hand passes precisely over the center of the date window, totally eclipsing it. There are also playful references to famous watch models from the past that collectors can discover as well, but with Direnzo still very much coming up with their own aesthetic.
Engineering to Match
With excellent specifications such as a scratch resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating, a scratch resistant ceramic bezel, Swiss Super-Luminova lume, 200 meters of water resistance, (double that of many dive watches,) and an upgraded elabore grade high beat Swiss movement with better accuracy and improved Incabloc shock protection, the Direnzo DRZ03 Eclipse V2 Black Meteorite is an elegant yet robust tool watch that can equally be enjoyed on the beach or in the boardroom.
Video ReviewsPlease note that the white watch shown in these reviews is the "no date" version. All of the Direnzo DRZ03 Eclipse V2 watches that we sell have a round date window just above the 6 o'clock index. This perfectly aligns with the lollipop on the second hand, and is one of Direnzo's trademark features.
- Type: Limited edition microbrand dive watch.
- Reference: Direnzo DRZ03 Eclipse V2 Black Meteorite.
- Color Scheme: Black with white markings, blue lume and red accents.
- Complications: Date window at 6 o'clock with color matched date wheel.
- Limited Edition Size: 80 individually numbered timepieces.
Water Resistance: 200 meters / 660 feet.
- Diameter: 40mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 48mm.
- Lug Width: 20mm.
- Height: 12½mm, including crystal.
- Case: Marine grade 316L stainless steel case, with mix of brushed finishes and polished accents on the upper chamfered edges.
- Case Back: Marine grade 316L stainless steel screw down case back.
- Dial Type: Natural meteorite inner sector from the Muonionalusta meteorite with protective black finish. Lighter and more reflective outer sector to add to the impression of the sun being behind the [meteorite] moon, which gives the Eclipse it's name. Applied indices with BGW9 blue lume.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant sapphire crystal with inner anti-reflective coating.
- Bezel: 120 click unidirectional dive bezel with scratch resistant ceramic insert and lumed markings.
- Lume: Swiss Super-LumiNova BGW9 lume (glows blue) on the hands, applied indices, and bezel markings.
- Bracelet Included: 20mm marine grade 316L stainless steel bracelet with screwed links, that tapers to 18mm at the clasp, and a milled divers clasp with double pushers and five micro-adjust positions.
- Movement: Swiss 26 jewel Sellita SW200-1 Elaboré grade automatic movement with Incabloc shock protection.
- Oscillation: High beat. 28,800 BPH. (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: 38 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years. We're an authorized dealer for this brand.
- Package Includes: Direnzo watch roll, warranty card, and cleaning cloth.
- Weight: 160 grams for the watch only, including all links on the bracelet.
We Also Recommend
Henry Archer Nordsø Horizon Blue (Sunburst Dial)
Henry Archer Nordsø Crimson Red (Sunburst Dial)
Henry Archer Nordsø Glacier Cyan (Sunburst Dial)
Henry Archer Nordsø Iris (Lavender Sunburst Dial)