Direnzo DRZ03 Eclipse (Blue Moon) - Swiss Made Limited Edition
The 40mm Swiss Made Direnzo DRZ03 is a 200 meter rated small run limited edition Swiss dive watch with a solid 3-link bracelet and a NATO strap included, and comes in three colors:
- Grey-Black, which we think is matched especially well with the solid link bracelet for a very dressy diver look, and where the cream markings would go very well with rich brown vintage-style leather straps too.
- Blue, with a mix of dark and light blues that is very eye catching and makes the dial pop with a bright splash of color, while remaining well balanced with a sophisticated flair.
- Burgundy Red, a rare color option which works well with both browns and reds, and can add a lot of versatility to many wardrobes by introducing a new color into a watch collection.
Why We Love This Watch
Direnzo Watches have become extremely collectible, ever since the release of the DRZ02, which was the microbrand watch of the year, and sold out incredibly quickly. Many folks who were lucky enough to bag a DRZ02 now want to add a Direnzo DRZ03 to their collection, and those that missed out last time are anxious not to miss the boat this time around. As such we think this watch is likely to be in very high demand.
The Direnzo DRZ03 Eclipse very aptly takes it's name from a solar eclipse where the moon lines up directly in front of the sun, which is then blacked out, but you can see light around the edge of the moon's silhouette emanating from the sun. The dark disc in the center of the dial represents the moon as you'd see it silhouetted from Earth and the fumé gradient from light to dark, represents the light from the sun.
The design of the dial is a clever blend of an eclipse, a homage to several vintage divers from the past such as a Breguet, and a nod to circles within circles that the DRZ02 is so well known for too: The circles within circles of the bezel containing the outer track, which contains the inner disc, with the circular logo and circular date window inside the inner disk, then the circular indices on the bezel, larger circular main indices, and even the circular lollipop on the second hand that passes exactly over the circular date window. The design is also very well balanced and shows a lot of symmetry in what is a very elegant design that makes an innovative use of color.
Spec-wise this is also a great diver, with the features you come to expect from Direnzo, such as scratch resistant sapphire glass with an anti-reflective coating, Swiss Super-LumiNova lume, and a reliable Swiss automatic movement: The Sellita SW200-1. The height of the Direnzo DRZ03 Eclipse is only 12½mm, which is quite remarkable for a 200 meter rated dive watch.
Some images may show the no date version of this dive watch. The Microbrand Store™ is only selling the with date version here, which includes a round date window just above the six o'clock marker. Also, this watch comes with just a 3-link bracelet and a NATO strap. Other straps shown such as leather or tropic straps are only to illustrate what this watch would look like with other straps. Thank you!
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Direnzo DRZ03 Blue “Blue Moon”.
- Limited Edition Size: 750 timepieces, with individual serial number on case back.
- Complications: Matching circular date window at 6 o'clock.
- Color Scheme: Blue with white indices (glows blue in the dark.)
- Water Resistance: 20 ATM / 200 meters / 660 feet.
- Diameter: 40mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 48mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 12½mm.
- Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel with silver colored finish with a brushed finish and polished accents on chamfered edges.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel screw down case back.
- Dial Type: Matt central disc, sunburst fumé gradient outer track, & applied indices.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
- Bezel: 120 click unidirectional dive bezel with lumed markers.
- Lume: Swiss Super-Luminova C3 lume. (The brightest lume color.)
- Straps Included: 1x 20mm solid link 316L stainless steel bracelet with diver's clasp. 1x 20mm blue NATO strap with white stripe.
- Movement: 26 jewel Swiss Sellita SW200-1 automatic mechanical movement.
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Up to 38 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
Direnzo DRZ04 Mondial Blue - Swiss Made Sports Dress Watch
Direnzo DRZ04 Mondial Green - Swiss Made Sports Dress Watch
Direnzo DRZ04 Mondial Meteorite - Swiss Made Limited Edition
Direnzo DRZ03 Eclipse (Grey-Black) - Swiss Made Limited Edition