Direnzo DRZ02R Aerolite Burnt Orange Date - Swiss Made
We've cherry picked the best Direnzo DRZ 02R Aerolite colors for our customers. This is the DRZ02R in Burnt Orange, which features a soft orange sunburst sandwich dial with a lovely fumé effect, that gradually transitions from a darker outer edge to a more vibrant core. As always, all of our Direnzo watches come with Direnzo's trademark date window at 6 o'clock.
When Direnzo launched their own pre-orders for the 39mm DRZ02R Aerolite Burnt Orange, unsurprisingly they almost immediately sold out. The original 42mm DRZ02, with it's innovative and stylish design, was widely considered the microbrand watch of the year. Ever since that first release, fans have eagerly been awaiting a smaller DRZ02 series model, which finally comes to us as the new and improved DRZ02R.
We still have the unique and iconic sector/indices design that reminds us of an automotive gear stick/shift, very appropriate for this automotive inspired timepiece, along with a deep dish dial and curved concave sides, highlighted with a nicely polished chamfered edge. Direnzo have definitely upped their game here however. Not only is the Burnt Orange a fantastic new color for the DRZ02 series, but we see a lot of other improvements. The lollipop on the second hand still follows the track of the indices and perfectly covers the center of the date window as it passes over it, a hallmark of the brand. Now we can also enjoy this feature in the dark, with the addition of lumed edging on the date window, and a lumed crown.
The rally strap of old has been replaced with a screwed link bracelet with convenient quick release pins that wonderfully tapers all the way from 28mm to 18mm, with a mix of polished and brushed finishes on the H-link style bracelet. The signed double butterfly clasp really sets off the look, and Direnzo have clearly paid attention to customer feedback by the inclusion of half-links to get just the right fit. Despite having an integrated bracelet look, the lug width here is a very standard 20mm, making the Direnzo DRZ02R also super easy to wear with a wide variety of aftermarket straps.
One size to rule them all: Best of all is the new 39mm size, following the current trend for 40mm or smaller watches. This watch should still work very well with folks who prefer watches that are somewhat larger as the cushion case shape and strong dial design gives it a lot of wrist presence. At the same time, this watch is very wearable on smaller wrist sizes, with it's 44mm lug-to-lug length.
We think Direnzo have hit this one out of the ballpark. No wonder they are our favorite Swiss microbrand! The design looks stunning, the DRZ02R wears extremely well, and at under 11mm is thin enough to be a sports dress watch while also being a very robust timepiece with features such as 100 meters of water resistance, (the same as many dive watches,) a DLC scratch resistant coating/hardening on the watch and bracelet, scratch resistant sapphire crystal, Swiss Super-LumiNova lume, and a super reliable elaboré grade decorated Swiss automatic movement.
Normally as a courtesy to our microbrands, we like to wait a month before running our own pre-orders, but given that Direnzo has sold out of this sports dress watch already, we're launching our own pre-orders earlier than intended. Please note that this watch is not in stock and is currently being manufactured. We have prepaid for a quantity of watches from Direnzo, so you would be making a reservation against the stock we are expecting to be shipped to us in late October.
As with all of our pre-orders, you can of course cancel at any time for a full refund, right up until we have the watch in stock. To learn more about pre-orders in general, please visit our Pre-Orders page.
Direnzo shipped our DRZ02R watches to us today, slightly ahead of schedule. We anticipate receiving these timepieces within the next two weeks.
Our shipment was unfortunately delayed in customs for a week due to some missing paperwork from Direnzo. This has now been resolved, and we should be receiving the package this week.
We received our shipment from Direnzo today. (Tuesday.) We'll be inspecting, testing and packaging on Wednesday and Thursday, and plan to ship to all of our pre-order customers on Friday.
We've just learned that the post office will be closed on Friday, so these watches will be going out first thing on Monday instead. We've finished inspecting, testing, writing the warranties and packaging, so everything is ready for shipping on Monday.
- Reference: Direnzo DRZ02R Aerolite Burnt Orange with Date Window.
Type: Swiss Made sports dress watch from a true Swiss microbrand.
Complications: Color-matched circular date window at 6 o'clock.
Color Scheme: Orange fumé soft sunburst dial with white markings,
and blue glowing lume.
- Water Resistance: 10 ATM / 100 meters / 330 feet.
- Diameter: 39mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 44mm.
- Height: 10.8mm including sapphire crystal.
- Lug Width: 20mm.
Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel case with a mostly finely brushed finish, accented by polished chamfered edges on the curved concave sides. Case is finished with an 800 HV scratch resistant coating.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel screw down case back with a scratch resistant sapphire crystal exhibition case back highlighting the elaboré grade Swiss automatic movement with decorated custom rotor.
- Dial: Deep dish-shaped orange fumé sandwich dial sporting an almost black outer edge that slowly transitions to a brighter orange, combined with a soft sunburst effect, and an indices design that is unique to the DRZ02 series. Semi-skeletonized custom handset featuring a lollipop second hand which perfectly aligns with both the inner track markings and the circular date window. Edged circular date window with matching background.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant sapphire crystal with AR coating.
- Lume: Swiss Super-LumiNova BGW9 - glows blue in the dark when charged - applied to the sandwiched indices, hands, date window edging and crown.
- Bracelet: An integrated 316L stainless steel H-link bracelet that elegantly tapers from 28mm down to 18mm is included, with a signed butterfly clasp featuring a double pusher release and half links for better resizing. The screwed link bracelet comes with quick release end links, features a contrast of polished and brushed finishes, and also comes with an 800 Vickers scratch resistant coating.
- Movement: 26 jewel Swiss Sellita SW200-1 elaboré grade automatic movement.
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Up to 38 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
Direnzo DRZ03 Eclipse V2 Silver White - Swiss Made
Direnzo DRZ03 Eclipse V2 Aqua Blue - Swiss Made
Direnzo DRZ03 Eclipse V2 Black Meteorite LE - Swiss Made