Celeste Wonderland - Swiss Mvmt Ladies Watch
We stock a variety of Celeste watches, all with Swiss movements and beautifully illustrated hand-made dials comprised of materials such as abalone or wood inlaid on mother-of-pearl.
Why We Love This Watch
This dial design is very representative of the Pacific Northwest, a place dear to Neil, the store's owner, who has lived there for a number of years, and a place obviously dear to Celeste too since this is where she is based. Here the scenery includes water and lush evergreen forests, the Pacific Northwest in a nutshell, and of course the region is famous for mushroom picking in the abundant forests.
The stream, trees, earth and mushroom in the foreground are abalone, inlaid into a mother-of-pearl background which sets the scene. The white spots on the amanita mushroom tops are all hand painted, giving this work of art a playful touch while still imparting the flavor of the region. As the watch moves on your wrist, it will catch the light in many different ways thanks to the natural properties of abalone and mother-of-pearl, which can be mesmerizing.
Overall work on precisely laser cutting the shells to fit on this dial can take up to 12 hours. Celeste also hand-makes the goat-skin straps, which can add another three hours to the time it takes to produce each timepiece.
Please note that each dial is individually hand-made from natural materials with natural color variations, so no two dials will be exactly the same. We do guarantee a very high quality dial similar to the one pictured, but each dial will have variations, making each watch a unique timepiece, which can very much add to it's desirability.
The abalone and mother-of-pearl used in all Celeste watches is harvested and managed under strict fishing quotas with only the waste material being utilized.
The watch straps are hand-sewn vegetable-tanned goat leather, made only with naturally occurring tannins. Vegetable-tanned leather can develop a patina over time, giving the leather a soft sheen and beautiful depth of color. Vegetable-tanned leather also often smells sweet and earthy, compared to the chemical, synthetic smell of chrome-tanned leather.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Celeste Watch Company - Wonderland Mushroom.
- Color Scheme: Brown mother-of-pearl inlaid with with green, blue, orange and red abalone, in a silver colored case. The white spots on the mushrooms are hand-painted
- Water Resistance: 3 ATM / 30 meters / 100 feet.
- Diameter: 35mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 42mm.
- Lug Width: 16mm.
- Height: 8mm.
- Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel with a polished finish
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel.
- Dial Type: Hand-made dial with abalone inlaid in a mother-of-pearl base.
- Glass Type: Scratch resistant sapphire crystal.
- Lume: Hour and minute hands only.
- Straps Included: 16mm hand-made vegetable-tanned goatskin straps.
- Movement: Swiss Ronda 763 quartz movement.
- Accuracy: -10/+20 seconds a month.
- Battery: Silver Oxide, size 364.
- Power Reserve: 40 months (3 years and 4 months) with normal use.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: Lifetime Warranty!!!
The following is as written on the Celeste Watch Company web site, and is the warranty provided by the Manufacturer:
All Celeste Watches come with a lifetime warranty/guarantee in crafts(wo)manship. This is Celeste's unwavering promise and at the heart of every watch.
If you are unsatisfied with the performance of your watch, we'll make it right. Whether you made the purchase or received your watch as a gift, it's Celeste's guarantee that your watch will maintain its beauty and precision.
When you send your well loved Celeste watch in for repair, it will be cared for as if it is Celeste's own watch. There is no receipt or registration required.
As long as we're in business, we will fix your watch or replace your watch at no cost.
Bands are not included.
We Also Recommend
Celeste Rise - Mother-of-Pearl & Abalone (Swiss Mvmt) Ladies
Celeste Sailboat - Mother-of-Pearl - Swiss Mvmt