Celeste Sailboat - Mother-of-Pearl - Swiss Mvmt
We stock a variety of Celeste watches, all with Swiss movements and beautifully illustrated hand-made dials comprised of materials such as abalone or wood inlaid on mother-of-pearl.
Why We Love This Watch
This vibrant Celeste watch features a mosaic of brown mother-of-pearl for the sky and backdrop, with white mother-of-pearl for the yacht's sails, blue tinted abalone for the water, and a select wood (alder, maple, or walnut) for the sail boat's hull. The ship's keel is an unusual choice of blacklip abalone, matched by Celeste's unusual choice of soft goatskin leather straps, one of the hallmarks of the brand.
All of Celeste's watches make great ladies watches, but it's worth noting that 38mm is a unisex watch size generally suitable for both men and women, and this is the only Celeste watch we carry in this larger unisex size. Celeste tells us she finds this design a very popular choice with male shoppers, especially when paired with a more conservative strap color.
As with many of her dial designs, the subject matter here is also very close to Celeste's heart, with Celeste having spent some years living on a sailboat and her open ocean involvement with racing yachts.
Please note that each dial is individually hand-made from natural materials with natural color variations, so no two dials will be exactly the same. We do guarantee a very high quality dial similar to the one pictured, but each dial will have variations, making each watch a unique timepiece, which can very much add to it's desirability.
The abalone and mother-of-pearl used in all Celeste watches is harvested and managed under strict fishing quotas with only the waste material being utilized.
The watch straps are hand-sewn vegetable-tanned goat leather, made only with naturally occurring tannins. Vegetable-tanned leather can develop a patina over time, giving the leather a soft sheen and beautiful depth of color. Vegetable-tanned leather also often smells sweet and earthy, compared to the chemical, synthetic smell of chrome-tanned leather.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Celeste Watch Company - Sailboat.
- Color Scheme: Brown and white mother-of-pearl, natural woods, blacklip abalone, and blue tinted abalone, in a silver colored case.
- Water Resistance: 3 ATM / 30 meters / 100 feet.
- Diameter: 38mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 45mm.
- Lug Width: 16mm.
- Height: 8.5mm.
- Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel with a polished finish
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel.
- Dial Type: Hand-made dial with abalone inlaid in a mother-of-pearl base.
- Glass Type: Scratch resistant sapphire crystal.
- Lume: Hour and minute hands only.
- Straps Included: 18mm hand-made vegetable-tanned goatskin straps.
- Movement: Swiss Ronda 763 quartz movement.
- Accuracy: -10/+20 seconds a month.
- Battery: Silver Oxide, size 364.
- Power Reserve: 40 months (3 years and 4 months) with normal use.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: Lifetime Warranty!!!
The following is as written on the Celeste Watch Company web site, and is the warranty provided by the Manufacturer:
All Celeste Watches come with a lifetime warranty/guarantee in crafts(wo)manship. This is Celeste's unwavering promise and at the heart of every watch.
If you are unsatisfied with the performance of your watch, we'll make it right. Whether you made the purchase or received your watch as a gift, it's Celeste's guarantee that your watch will maintain its beauty and precision.
When you send your well loved Celeste watch in for repair, it will be cared for as if it is Celeste's own watch. There is no receipt or registration required.
As long as we're in business, we will fix your watch or replace your watch at no cost.
Bands are not included.
We Also Recommend
Celeste Rise - Mother-of-Pearl & Abalone (Swiss Mvmt) Ladies
Celeste Tree Frog - Mother-of-Pearl - Swiss Mvmt