Arcturus LC-1C Limited Edition
Free shipping on all watch orders!
This variant of the Arcturus LC-1 limited edition dress watch comes in a silver-colored stainless steel case with black accents, a real mother-of-pearl dial, and 24 hour sub-dial with a needle hand. A lacquered wooden presentation box is also included.
Why We Love This Watch
An art deco dress watch needn't be small and hard to read. This modern take, cushion case and all, has the dimensions of a modern diver, and robustness to match with an extremely reliable movement, sapphire glass, including on the exhibition case back, (no corners were cut here,) and a 100 meter water rating.
The design is rich and complex and features a natural mother-of-pearl dial with a multi-layered design, incorporating features such as a power reserve, date complication, and twenty four hour sub-dial. One rare feature is the date window which is unusually placed at 12 o'clock. The more you look at this design, the more you'll spot, from the ribbing on the sides of the case and the custom hands, to how the power reserve cleverly overlays the date window without obscuring the ability to read the date. As well as looking smart, this timepiece has a story to tell that makes it an interesting conversation piece.
This model is a 100 piece limited edition, with each watch individually numbered. The manufacturer has sold all timepieces in this edition and no more of these watches will be produced.
The Story Behind This Watch
This is the very first watch from the mind of Alexander Ian Loh, the creator behind the Arcturus brand, and did extremely well on Kickstarter. It was so popular that when backers started receiving their watches and sharing pictures, Arcturus quickly sold out, and consequently these limited editions with mother-of-pearl dials are no longer available from the manufacturer.
Alexander is based in Singapore, and LC stands for "Lion City". The model is named after Singapore, the Lion City. ("Singapura" is the Malay name for the city, derived from Sanskrit, which means "Lion City".)
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Arcturus LC-1C.
- Limited Edition Size: 100 numbered pieces.
- Complications: Power reserve, date, 24 hour sub-dial.
- Color Scheme: Silver-colored case, black accents, real mother-of-pearl.
- Water Resistance: 10 ATM / 100 meters / 330 feet.
- Diameter: 42mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 49mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 12.9mm.
- Case: Cushion case with 316L marine grade stainless steel.
- Case Back: Exhibition case back with flat sapphire crystal.
- Dial Type: Complex multi-layered dial with real mother-of-pearl.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant double domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
- Lume: Swiss Super-Luminova C1.
- Straps Included: 1x 22mm full grain real leather strap with crocodile patterning.
- Movement: 26 jewel Miyota 9132 automatic movement.
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Over 40 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 year.
Please note that mother-of-pearl is a natural material, the color of which will vary from piece to piece. For better contrast with this art deco design, The Microbrand Store has requested that black mother-of-pearl on this model be avoided. Consequently the LC-1 models that we ship will have mostly hand-picked off-white or blue-green hues.
We Also Recommend
Arcturus LC-1H Limited Edition
Arcturus LC-1F Limited Edition