Aevum Timepieces Advance Carbon Limited Edition
The Advance Carbon Limited Edition package includes the Advance Carbon Limited watch on a custom pair of handmade leather straps with a unique tire tread pattern, a NATO strap for those who'd like to wear this 200 meter watch in or under water, plus a watch travel case.
Why We Love This Watch
If you're looking for a 42mm automotive racing watch, we think this one will be hard to beat at around $300 USD. As well as featuring a real woven carbon fiber dial, a unique tire tread leather straps design that is absolutely fantastic, and an outstanding black and yellow racing theme design, all of which are obvious at a glance, there are many other features that help to set this watch apart. We particularly like the chapter ring, which has the markings of a camshaft degree wheel, and lots of little touches like the valve duration chart stamped into the leather keeper, the cam timing mark, (lumed triangle at 3 o'clock,) or the illustration of an adjustable cam gear on the crown.
Adding yet more interest is the fact that each Aevum Timepieces' Advance Carbon Limited is personally assembled by the one man behind this genuine microbrand, Bryan Farquharson, who also hand makes all of the leather straps himself, buying the leathers, cutting, dying and stitching each one by hand. Bryan is an automotive professional who also races on both drag and circuit courses, and you can tell that this watch is very much a labor of love. Bryan is very hands on with all of his watches, and is currently learning CNC machining as he hopes to make his own cases too.
Engineered for tough environments, the Advance Carbon Limited features scratch resistant ion plating on the marine grade 316L stainless steel case, (which is nicely finished in a contrasting mix of brushed and polished surfaces,) scratch resistant sapphire crystal, 200 meters of water resistance with a multi-gasket screw down crown, (better and deeper than many dive watches,) the ultra-reliable Seiko NH35A automatic movement, and a liberal application of Swiss Super-LumiNova BGW9 lume.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Aevum Timepieces Advance Carbon Limited Edition. AE02-A.
- Limited Edition Size: Less than 80 timepieces.
Complications: Date window at 3 o'clock.
- Color Scheme: Black with yellow highlights and BGW9 lume.
- Water Resistance: 20 ATM / 200 meters / 660 feet.
- Diameter: 42mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 48mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 11½mm including crystal.
- Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel with scratch resistant ion plating, and a nicely contrasting mix of mirror polished and brushed finishes.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel exhibition case back, showcasing the automatic movement. Aevum Timepieces is Canadian owned and originally from Canada before recently relocating to Japan, and this is reflected by both the Canadian and Japanese flag engravings on the back of the case.
- Dial Type: Genuine carbon fiber woven dial with applied indices. Chapter ring includes camshaft degree wheel markings. Please note that some but not all images of the yellow second hand include a lumed lollipop. The standard model Advance Carbon Limited does not have this extra feature but we've specifically requested it for all of our watches.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant sapphire crystal with inner anti-reflective coating.
- Bezel: Fixed position 316L marine grade radially brushed steel bezel.
- Lume: Swiss Super-LumiNova BGW9 lume. (Glows cyan blue.)
- Straps Included: 1x pair of handmade 22mm black leather straps, tapering to 20mm at the buckle with yellow stitching to compliment the watch colors. The leather strap design is unique to Aevum Timepieces and includes a tire tread pattern. 1x 22mm black and yellow nylon NATO strap is also included.
- Movement: 24 jewel Seiko NH35A automatic movement.
- Oscillation: 21,600 BPH, (6 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Over 41 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
Melbourne Portsea Calendar — Black (Triple Calendar)
Ocean Crawler Core Diver (Textured Black) LE - 600m Swiss Mvmt (Regulated)
Mitch Mason Maelstrom - Aphotic Black
Albert Villa 1920s Grande Seconde (Art Deco) Limited Edition