Direnzo DRZ04 Mondial V2 Black Meteorite - Swiss Made
The Direnzo DRZ04 Mondial V2 Black Meteorite is a Swiss Made 40mm sports dress watch with 100 meters of water resistance from our favorite Swiss microbrand. It features a black meteorite dial married with eye catching Tiffany blue accents. This watch is also known as the Direnzo DRZ04 Mondial 2023 Black Meteorite, to indicate the year it was produced.
Why We Love This Watch
A Truly Unique Dial
The dial speaks for itself here. We've never seen this stunning combination of black meteorite with Tiffany blue accents in any watch before, and we think Direnzo hit this one out of the ball park. Little wonder then that when Direnzo's own pre-orders opened, they sold out on the same day. Of course we still get all of the well thought out Direnzo design language here, such as the balanced date window above the 6 o'clock position, where the second hand lollipop passes precisely over the center of the date window.
Adding a rarity factor to this unique design is the slice of genuine extra-terrestrial Muonionalusta meteorite, which contains stishovite, an exceptionally rare mineral only found in a very few meteorite impact structures. It also makes a fantastic conversation point as the world's oldest discovered meteorite, having landed on Earth approximately one million years ago.
Robust Field Capabilities
With the Direnzo DRZ04 Mondial V2 Black Meteorite's good looks, you'd be forgiven for mistakenly thinking this is a delicate timepiece. As well as having a screw down crown and 100 meters (330 feet) of water resistance, the same as many dive watches, this watch boasts scratch resistant sapphire crystal on both the front of the watch and the exhibition case back too, showing off the reliable Swiss elabore grade movement with an upgraded Incabloc shock protection system. Rounding out the field watch capabilities of this timepiece that squarely puts it in the sports dress watch category is a very welcome 800 Vickers scratch resistant coating on the 316L marine grade steel case. This is a watch you can comfortably wear from the boardroom to the beach.
This timepiece has been in exceptionally high demand, and sold out on the same day pre-orders opened on Direnzo's web site. As a convenience for our customers who missed reserving one of these watches with Direnzo, we are opening our own pre-orders on the Direnzo DRZ04 V2/2023 Mondial Black Meteorite earlier than normal.
As with all of our pre-orders, customers can easily cancel their pre-order with us for a full refund at any time, right up until we have the watch in stock. Direnzo are currently producing the watches and expect to have them ready to ship to us in April. As soon as we receive the watches, we'll be testing them (as we do with all of our watches) and aim to ship them on to our pre-order customers in 2 business days.
We'll be sure to post any updates on the pre-order status here in this section as we receive them, such as when we receive the tracking information from Direnzo. To learn more about pre-ordering from microbrands, please visit our pre-orders page.
- Reference: Direnzo DRZ04 Mondial V2 Black Meteorite. (2023.)
- Type: Swiss Made sports dress watch from a true Swiss microbrand.
- Complications: Color-matched circular date window at 6 o'clock.
- Color Scheme: Black with Tiffany blue markings and blue lume.
- Water Resistance: 10 ATM / 100 meters / 330 feet.
- Diameter: 40mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 48mm.
- Height: 11.9mm including sapphire crystal.
Lug Width: N/A - Integrated bracelet with recessed first link.
Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel case with a mostly finely brushed finish, accented by polished chamfered edges on the sides and fixed bezel, with a screw-down signed crown. Case has an 800 Vickers scratch resistant coating.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel screw down case back with a scratch resistant sapphire crystal exhibition case back highlighting the elaboré grade Swiss automatic movement with decorated custom rotor.
- Dial Type: Real meteorite from the Muonionalusta meteorite with protective black finish, black-edged semi-skeletonized custom hand set in a Tiffany blue color with blue lume, matching black-edged applied oval indices in a Tiffany blue color with blue lume, and a curved Tiffany blue colored outer track with black markings. A circular date window with a matching black background sits above the 6 o'clock position so that it perfectly aligns with the lollipop of the second hand when the second hand passed over the top of the window.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant double domed sapphire crystal with AR coating.
- Bezel: Fixed bezel with a contrasting mix of mirror polished and brushed edges.
- Lume: Swiss Super-LumiNova BGW9 - glows blue in the dark when charged.
- Bracelet: An integrated 316L stainless steel tapering H-link bracelet is included with a signed butterfly clasp featuring a double pusher release. The screwed link bracelet is also finished with an 800 Vickers scratch resistant coating, and features a contrast of polished and brushed finishes to match the dial, with polished beveled edges and center links.
- Movement: 26 jewel Swiss Sellita SW200-1 elaboré grade automatic movement.
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Up to 38 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
Relio Solstice Copper - Sports Watch (Salmon Sunburst)
Relio Solstice Noir - Sports Watch (Black Sunburst Dial)
Relio Solstice Red - Sports Watch (Burgundy Fumé Sunburst)
Duckworth Prestex Verimatic - Black Fumé LE with Ebony Italian Suede Straps