Ballast Trafalgar BL-3133-01 (Unique Complication)
This watch comes with a wooden presentation box. We also stock it in alternative colors.
Why We Love This Watch
Although your eye may be drawn to the canteen style crown, the real gem here is the patented bezel system which is unique to Ballast. By turning the bezel when the canteen cover is on, you can easily hand-wind the watch. Take the canteen cover off, and you can then use the bezel to set either the date or the time. (The video below shows how this is done.) This is an extremely cool and novel feature not found in any other watch that has made the Trafalgar an interesting timepiece to have in a collection.
The Story Behind This Watch
The Trafalgar is named for the Trafalgar class of submarine in the British Royal Navy Submarine Service. On the side of the watch you also see the Submarine Service's motto: "We Come Unseen".
- Type: Pseudo-microbrand watch.
- Reference: Ballast Trafalgar BL-3133-01.
- Complications: Date wheel, unique patented bezel system that can wind the watch, set the date, or set the time.
- Color Scheme: Black, rose gold, silver and brown.
- Water Resistance: 10 ATM / 100 meters / 330 feet.
- Diameter: 46½mm, excluding large canteen crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 54mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 14½mm.
- Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel with exhibition window.
- Dial Type: Black multilayered design with open date wheel.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant hardened mineral crystal.
- Bezel: Rotatable. Rose gold colored. Used to hand wind the watch and set the date or time.
- Weight: 150g.
- Straps Included: 1x 22mm brown Italian buffalo hide with cream stitching.
- Movement: Modified 21 jewel Miyota 821A automatic movement.
- Oscillation: 21,600 BPH, (6 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Over 50 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
Aevum Timepieces Advance Carbon Limited Edition
Straton Speciale - Swiss Valjoux 7750 (Blue, Polished Case)
TACS Automatic Vintage Lens II (AVL II) - Silver & Horween
RZE Resolute Camo Green - Titanium 100m Limited Edition