Melbourne Portsea Calendar — Black (Triple Calendar) with Ceramic Dial
The Melbourne Portsea Calendar is an exquisite 40mm triple calendar dress watch suitable for the most formal of occasions, and also for everyday wear with it's dive-watch-like features. There are five color schemes to choose from:
- A classic white ceramic dial set in a silver colored case.
- A classic white ceramic dial set in a rose gold colored case.
- A dark navy blue ceramic dial set in a rose gold colored case.
A dark navy blue ceramic dial set in a silver colored case.
- A sophisticated black dial set in a silver colored case.
Why We Love This Watch
Taking it's traditional design cues from deck watches popular with early 20th century sailors, which in turn are descended from earlier marine chronometers, the Melbourne Portsea Calendar is every inch a stunner. The intricately decorated multi-layer ceramic dial is complemented by an elegant hand set featuring a counterbalance on the second hand that can be read as both an "M" and a "W" to represent Melbourne Watch Company. This sophisticated design also incorporates a well balanced triple calendar complication, (weekday, day of month, month,) with the date window nicely centered at 6 o'clock. Rounded off with a high beat automatic mechanical movement for a smoother second hand sweep, the good looks of the Portsea Calendar continue on the back of the watch with a beautiful deep set oil pressed illustration.
Not just a timeless classic suitable for the most sophisticated of occasions, the Melbourne Portsea Calendar is also a practical and robust everyday wear with scratch resistant sapphire glass, a 100 meter water rating that puts most other dress watches to shame, and one of the most reliable movements available. A two year manufacturer's warranty from Melbourne Watch Company doesn't hurt either. Melbourne Watch Company are a well established watch microbrand founded in 2013, with their own in-house service center, and an excellent five star reputation.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Melbourne Portsea Calendar Black — PS.40.A.CAL.03.
- Complications: Triple calendar. (weekday, day of month, month.)
- Color Scheme: Black and silver with white markings.
- Water Resistance: 10 ATM / 100 meters / 330 feet.
- Diameter: 40mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 48mm.
- Lug Width: 20mm.
- Height: 13mm.
- Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel with oil pressed illustration.
- Dial Type: Multi-layered ceramic dial with sub-dials and intricate decorations.
- Glass Type: Scratch resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
- Straps Included: 20mm genuine leather black dress straps with crocodile graining.
- Movement: 26 jewel Miyota 9122 automatic mechanical movement.
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: 40 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
Melbourne Portsea Calendar Classic — Silver (Triple Calendar)
Melbourne Portsea Calendar — Navy Rose Gold (Triple Calendar)
Melbourne Portsea Calendar Classic — Rose Gold (Triple Calendar)