Direnzo DRZ05 Solaris - Black & Taupe with Date (Swiss Made)
Offered in a choice of red dial, black dial or meteorite dial, each Direnzo DRZ 05 Solaris comes with a beads-of-rice bracelet, convenient watch travel case, warranty card, instructions, and a two year manufacturer's warranty.
Why We Love This Watch
Direnzo is our favorite genuine Swiss microbrand, founded and run by just one man, Sergio Di Renzo, who resides in Geneva, designs all of the watches himself, and has been known to drive to the Swiss factory to personally supervise the final QA testing. What sets this watch microbrand apart from others is Direnzo's exceptional attention to detail. Not only do we see some amazing innovation in Di Renzo's designs, such as with the DRZ02, our microbrand watch of the year, but so many little touches are present to add that extra level of finesse that we feel Direnzo timepieces can easily stand up against and often best much more expensive luxury Swiss watches.
The Direnzo DRZ05 Solaris Black is no exception. Here we have a compressor-style dive watch with dual crowns and a rotating inner chapter ring with all of the little touches we've come to love in Direnzo watches. For example, the date window is perfectly balanced at 6 o'clock and of course color matched to the dial, but it is also a play on the circle theme that permeates this timepiece: At exactly where the circular inner disc on the dial meets the fumé sunburst outer track, the lollipop on the second hand passes exactly over the center of the date window and continues in a circle around the line dividing the inner and outer sectors of the dial. Direnzo's play on circles continues with some novel introductions in this year's new edition, the DRZ05, and we see an unusual combination of circular markings on the chapter ring at 3, 6 and 9 o'clock that also subtly indicate an increase in values while helping keep the overall design balanced without any numerals on any of the indices.
There are of course playful references to previous models too. We can see homages to the inner disc and hand set from the DRZ03, Direnzo's earlier dive watch, and when the lume starts glowing, a new surprise awaits, with the entire base circumference of the chapter ring being lumed so as to remind us of the unique DRZ02 indices.
Well thought out good looks are great, but a dive watch needs to be a reliable and practical tool watch, and the Solaris does not disappoint with features such as scratch resistant sapphire crystal, dual screw down crowns, 200 meters of water resistance, (double that of many dive watches,) fully drilled lugs, a reliable Swiss SW200-1 automatic elaboré movement with upgraded Incabloc shock protection, and a very comfortable bracelet with diver's safety clasp and six levels of micro-adjustment.
The Direnzo DRZ05 Solaris is a new watch from Switzerland that is currently being produced for the first time. Our Direnzo watches have always been popular and sold out, with the most popular colors and limited editions selling out early during the initial pre-order period. As a convenience to our customers, we're allowing customers to pre-order against the incoming shipment from Direnzo that we've already pre-paid for, rather than run the risk of waiting until they're in stock and potentially missing out, or having to pay the full retail price once pre-orders end.
Direnzo estimate that they'll be able to ship our Direnzo Solaris watches to us in the second half of February 2022. Since we've already pre-paid for our DRZ05 stock months in advance of Direnzo's own pre-orders opening, Direnzo will be shipping to us first. When we move closer to the ship date, if we get any updates or shipping confirmations from Direnzo then we'll be sure to share them here on this page.
As with all of our pre-orders, unlike other stores, customers can of course cancel their order with us for a full refund at any time right up until we have the watches in stock and ready to ship. To learn more about pre-orders, please visit our pre-order page.
- Reference: Direnzo DRZ 05 Solaris Black Date.
Type: Swiss Made compressor-style microbrand dive watch with dual crowns.
Complications: Color-matched circular date window at 6 o'clock.
- Color Scheme: Matte charcoal black inner disc and chapter ring, fumé taupe outer disc, (gradient from charcoal black to brown-grey,) with subtle sunburst effect, white markings with cyan blue glow when lume is active, silver-colored case, crowns, and edging on hands.
- Water Resistance: 20 ATM / 200 meters / 660 feet.
- Diameter: 39mm, excluding crowns.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 47mm.
- Height: 13mm excluding crystal, 13½mm with crystal.
Lug Width: 20mm.
- Weight: 74 grams (watch head only.) 142 grams on provided bracelet.
Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel case with a fine brushed satin finish that is nicely accented by polished chamfered edges on the sides. Dual screw-down crowns, one to operate the rotating inner chapter ring, the other to wind the watch or adjust the time. Fully drilled lugs for easier strap changes.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel screw down case back with an oil pressed illustration of a diver with a spear wrestling a sea monster, and a mix of polished, bead blasted and brushed finishes.
- Dial Type: Sloped bi-directional rotating chapter ring with ratchet positions for easy accurate setting and an unusual combination of markings at the 3, 6 and 9 o'clock positions that add to the uniqueness of this design. Applied major indices around the outer track of the dial, which has a sunburst gradient finish. Matte inner disc on the dial with four cardinal compass lines. Edged circular date window at 6 o'clock that is color matched and perfectly aligned with both the lollipop of the second hand and the change from the outer track to inner disc.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant boxed sapphire crystal with inner AR coating.
Lume: Swiss Super-LumiNova BGW9 lume. White in daylight. Glows a light cyan blue in the dark when charged. Lume applied to all hands, all applied indices, and all chapter ring markings (including the entire lower edge of the chapter ring.)
- Straps Included: A 316L stainless steel beads of rice bracelet that nicely tapers from 20mm at the lugs down to 18mm. Bracelet comes with screwed pins for easy resizing, is finished in a mix of polished and finely brushed finishes that pick up on the accents from the watch, and includes a diver's safety clasp that features a double pusher release and six micro-adjusts.
- Movement: 26 jewel Swiss Sellita SW200-1 elaboré grade automatic movement with upgraded Incabloc shock protection system.
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Up to 38 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
Direnzo DRZ05 Solaris - Burgundy Red with Date (Swiss Made)
Direnzo DRZ05 Solaris - Black Meteorite Limited Edition (Swiss Made)
Mitch Mason Maelstrom - Steel Blue Sunburst
Mitch Mason Maelstrom - Aphotic Black