Waldhoff Multimatic - Obsidian Black
The Waldhoff Multimatic is available in a variety of colors, and comes with a presentation box and shopping bag to make the perfect gift for a watch lover. We also recommend a Waldhoff solid link bracelet to go with the Multimatic.
Why We Love This Watch
As a dress watch, the Waldhoff Multimatic has a very unique design, consisting of a complex multi-layered watch face containing a number of sub-dials, and a mix of radiating guilloché patterns and relfective surfaces that pick up on the light nicely, to produce some interesting effects. We encourage potential buyers to check out some of the videos of this timepiece to get a feel for how it looks from various angles. Diamond cut-hands, a distinctive raised outer track with Roman numerals in the upper half and markers in the lower half, and ribbed case sides complete the picture. This has proven to be extremely popular, both on Kickstarter, where the campaign had over 500 backers, and ever since at retail, where it has been Waldhoff's most popular model.
This Made in Germany watch is built in Pforzheim, the capital of German watch making, by one of the very best production facilities, which also produces watches for a number of other well-known Swiss and German brands too. Powered by the extremely reliable Miyota 9 automatic self-winding mechanical movement, these timepieces feature a high beat rate for a smoother second hand sweep which is very desirable in a dress watch. The movement hacks, hand-winds, is decorated, and has a nicely decorated custom rotor that is a focal point of the exhibition case-back.
With a 50 meter water rating and sapphire glass, this is also a very robust timepiece, despite it's dressy looks. Combined with Waldhoff's two year international warranty where repairs are expertly handled in-house, the Waldhoff Multimatic is also highly suitable as an everyday wear.
As you can see in this instructional video, although the Multimatic has more options than a simple three-handed watch, it is easy to set and adjust.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Manufaktur Waldhoff Multimatic Obsidian Black MW-03-F.
- Complications: Power reserve, date window, day of week, month, 24 hour.
- Color Scheme: Black and silver.
- Water Resistance: 5 ATM / 50 meters / 165 feet.
- Diameter: 42½mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 50mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 14mm.
- Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel with exhibition window.
- Dial Type: Multi-layered with sub-dials and applied indices.
- Glass Type: Scratch resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
- Lume: Swiss RC-Tritec Super-LumiNova.
- Straps Included: 22mm genuine calf leather with quick-release spring bars.
- Movement: 24 jewel Miyota 9100 automatic movement.
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Over 42 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
Waldhoff Ultramatic - Diamond Silver Limited Ed. (with Tourbillon)
Waldhoff Ultramatic Exclusive - Diamond Silver Mother‑of‑Pearl
Waldhoff Imperial Black Diamond Limited Ed. (tourbillon, sapphire case, 80hr reserve)
Waldhoff Imperial Royal Blue Limited Ed. (tourbillon, sapphire case, 80hr reserve)