Meccaniche Veneziane Nereide GMT Diaspro PVD
Free shipping on all watch orders!
These Swiss Made ETA-2893-2 based watches are manufactured in Switzerland and feature elabore grade mechanical movements that track a second time zone with an extra 24 hour "GMT" hand, and for those used to GMT hand positions, a third time zone by rotating the bezel.
We offer these GMTs in a rich variety of colors to choose from, as well as offering extras such as an optional Jubilee style solid link bracelet. If only a single time zone is required, we also sell the Swiss Made Meccaniche Veneziane Nereide, which is the non-GMT version.
Each MV Nereide GMT watch comes with vintage leather straps, handmade in Italy, plus either a steel Milanese mesh bracelet, (for silver-colored cases,) or black rubber straps, (for black PVD colored cases,) all beautifully presented in a natural walnut presentation box that is also hand-crafted in Italy.
Why We Love This Watch
Apart from having great specs, one of the most desirable and reliable Swiss mechanical movements, (which is usually found in more expensive timepieces,) domed sapphire glass with an anti-reflective coating, Swiss Super-Luminova lume, and a 200 meter water rating, it's all about the looks. Buyers can go for either a classic look that is clearly inspired by and a nod to more famous timepieces from Rolex and others, while still maintaining the individuality of a microbrand, or go with some rich and very distinctive colors that Meccaniche Veneziane bring to the table with their San Marco, Basalto, and Topazio offerings.
The hand-crafted leather straps and their stitching are also very integral to the overall look with perfectly matched rich color options that are very well done. Looks-wise, this attention to detail is carried over with diamond-cut hands and indices, vibrant colors on the enameled bezel, a generous helping of either C1 or Old Radium lume on the hands, applied indices, and bezel pip, and the custom decorated rotor.
It seems over 800 backers on Kickstarter felt the same way about the Nereide GMT, so we're also happy that the Swiss factory making these timepieces meticulously runs each watch for 48 hours as part of their quality control process. With larger production runs, we find this careful attention to detail can often be lacking, so is greatly appreciated here.
This watch is being retailed initially as a pre-order, with an estimated delivery from the manufacturer in February 2019. Unlike Kickstarter and similar systems, you may cancel your pre-order of this watch at any time, up until the day before we ship the watch to you, and obtain a full refund. To learn more about pre-orders, please visit our pre-orders page.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Meccaniche Veneziane Nereide GMT Diasporo PVD NRD-GMT-DIA-PVD.
- Complications: Second time zone with 24 hour hand, date window at 3 o'clock.
- Color Scheme: Black, red, and blue with white and gold accents.
- Water Resistance: 20 ATM / 200 meters / 660 feet.
- Diameter: 42mm, excluding crown guards and crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 49mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 13mm excluding crystal.
- Case: 316L marine grade steel case with black PVD finish.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade steel screw down exhibition case back featuring a decorated movement and custom rotor.
- Dial Type: Matt black dial with applied diamond-cut indices.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
- Bezel: 120 click blue and red Pepsi-style unidirectional enameled bezel.
- Lume: Swiss Super-Luminova C1 lume.
- Straps Included: 1x 22mm hand-crafted Italian vintage leather straps, and 1x 22mm black rubber straps.
- Movement: In house MV297. (A 21 jewel Swiss ETA-2893-2 elabore grade GMT automatic movement with Côtes de Genève and perlage decorations, plus a custom decorated rotor.)
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: 42 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years for EU customers, 1 year for all other customers.
We Also Recommend
BOLDR Odyssey Bronze Meteo-Black LE (Meteorite)
Zelos Helmsman 2 Bronze Meteorite (Limited Edition)
Zelos Hammerhead Titanium Cobalt Blue (Limited Edition)
Zelos Helmsman 2 Bronze Blue (Limited Edition)