Iconic Halocline (Gray/Grey) Limited Edition - Swiss Mvmt
The Iconic Halocline dive watch, (formerly known as the Iconic Hampton Bay,) comes in a choice of four different color options. Each Halocline watch package includes a solid H-link bracelet, color-matched NATO strap, watch strap tool and a convenient watch travel case.
This watch features a grey fumé gradient dial that matches exceptionally well with the bracelet, giving this timepiece a more sophisticated understated look.
Why We Love This Watch
The ice-white scratch resistant sapphire (ceramic) bezel is the very first thing that tends to catch your eye on the Iconic Halocline dive watch. In daylight, this is an unusual color choice which works really well with the vibrant fumé gradient dial that fades to white in the center. However at night this really shines, (pun intended,) with a full reverse lume bezel glowing a very nice Swiss Super-Luminova BGW9 blue.
Look more closely and you start to see a lot of innovative design choices that work really well and also helps set this 200 meter rated diver apart from the numerous homages out there, making it one of our two top choices in microbrand dive watches to debut this year (2020) so far. The large kite shaped indices at 3, 6, 9 and 12 are nicely mirrored with the lesser hour indices and on the sword-shaped hour and minute hands hands. The second hand also picks up on this cue with it's diamond-shaped tip, and it also sports a very nice counter-balance with the Iconic Timepieces "IT" logo.
Interesting shapes abound with the very noticeable flair on the lugs that add that extra special touch to the look of the solid link bracelet. The bracelet tapers from 22mm all the way down to 18mm, for a more dramatic effect. If you had to summarize this watch in two words, those could be "shapes" and "colors". Snow white bezel aside, there are some fantastic pastel color choices for the dials that for those who don't want yet another cookie-cutter watch.
All of the above is very nicely wrapped up in a well-built watch with a great Swiss automatic movement, sapphire glass, and all of the other trimmings you'd expect, where the 120 click unidirectional bezel feels just right and has no back-play. One extra practical design feature is the short 49mm lug-to-lug length, which is the same as found on many 40mm watches. Despite the Iconic Halocline having a 43mm diameter, it wears more like a 40mm, making it highly versatile for a wider range of wrist sizes than many other 43mm divers. The 13mm height is also a nice welcome touch.
Please note that since this video was recorded, Iconic Timepieces have decided that the Iconic Halocline will now be a limited edition, and no more than 350 Iconic Haloclines will ever be produced.
As a convenience for our customers, rather than having customers wait until the Iconic Halocline is in stock, we're now accepting pre-orders against the stock that we've already fully paid for in advance. Since we paid Iconic Timepieces prior to any backers on Kickstarter or elsewhere, we've arranged for Iconic to ship our order to us first, before anyone else, and as always, once we receive these watches, we aim to test them and ship them on to our customers as quickly as possible. We will be shipping all of our watch orders via a tracked and insured express airmail service.
We originally estimated that Iconic Timepieces will be sending these watches to us in August 2020, and will be keeping in close contact with this watch microbrand to check on the progress. If we have any updates, we'll be sure to post them here.
Unlike Kickstarter and most other retailers, you may cancel your pre-order of this watch at any time, (right up until we package your watch to ship it to you,) and obtain a full refund. To learn more about how pre-orders work or see our other pre-order watch offerings, please visit our pre-orders page.
Our watches are currently on their way to Iconic and have been slightly delayed in US customs. (Shipping is via DHL for the curious.) Once Iconic receive them, they'll need to be tested and repackaged and then will be shipped to us first still, in advance of any other customers. We are therefore anticipating receiving them by the end of this month, (September,) and will post a further update once we have a tracking number.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Iconic Halocline Gray Dive Watch.
- Limited Edition Size: 350 timepieces.
Complications: Date window at 4 o'clock.
- Color Scheme: Grey, white and steel, with blue lume.
- Water Resistance: 20 ATM / 200 meters / 660 feet.
- Diameter: 43mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 49mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 13.2mm.
- Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel with a finely brushed finish and polished chamfered edges on the back of the case.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel screw down case back.
- Dial Type: Gradient dial with a darker colored outer edge that transitions to a white center for a lovely fumé effect, kite-shaped applied edged hour indices, and minute/second markings on an outer track. The kite shape is reflected in the sword shaped hour and minute hands and the second hand diamond. The second hand also features a counterbalance in the shape of Iconic Timepieces' IT logo.
- Dial Glass: Scratch resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
- Bezel: Fully reverse lumed 120 click unidirectional scratch resistant sapphire ceramic dive bezel. The entire white background of the bezel glows blue in the dark when the lume is charged.
- Lume: Swiss Super-Luminova BGW9 (blue) on the bezel, hour indices, and hands.
- Straps Included: 1x 22mm solid H-link 316L stainless steel bracelet which tapers to 18mm at the milled and signed diver's clasp. 1x 22mm color-matched NATO strap.
- Movement: 26 jewel Swiss Sellita SW200-1 automatic mechanical movement.
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Up to 38 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 year.
This design was originally not going to be a limited edition. Iconic has since decided that no more than 350 in total will ever be produced. The initial production run is 220 timepieces, with one or two more smaller production runs planned for the future.
Please also note that the images shown on this page are of the pre-production prototypes and there will be some minor differences to the final production design, which we do cover in the video on this page. For example, the name of this model has changed from the Iconic Hampton Bay to the Iconic Halocline, and the hour and minute hands are wider than shown in some images, which makes them match better to the major indices, and also gives them a greater surface area for a stronger lume.
We Also Recommend
Direnzo DRZ03 Eclipse (Grey-Black) - Swiss Made Limited Edition
Direnzo DRZ03 Eclipse (Blue Moon) - Swiss Made Limited Edition
Direnzo DRZ03 Eclipse (Burgundy Red) - Swiss Made LE
Gruppo Gamma Vanguard AN-18 Mk IV - Swiss ETA 2824-2