Decima Scylla Limited Edition (Green) - 500m Swiss Movement CuSn8 Bronze
The 44mm Swiss automatic Decima Scylla is available in three delicious colors:
- A chocolate brown, with hints of orange, red and burgundy in rich sunburst hues, which we think goes especially well with the soft brown tones often found in the CuSn8 bronze case.
- A sunburst blue with a color gradient that moves slightly towards purple in the center of the dial, which reminds us of a Cadbury's chocolate bar foil wrapper.
- A verdant green that subtly gets lighter towards the center of the dial, which when combined with slightly blue hue of the sapphire glass's anti-reflective coating, the resulting green-blue color reminds us of the ocean. Very appropriate for a 500 meter dive watch!
All three dial colors are sunburst and also have the bonus of a subtle fumé effect, starting darker on the outside of the dial and gradually moving to a lighter color at the center for added interest. This can give a subconscious depth perception that accentuates the curvature of the already high bubble dome sapphire crystal, whose curves start with the similarly angled ceramic bezel. The rich colors are equally matched by the marine grade CuSn8 bronze watch case, which is the most popular bronze for those who love their patinas.
Why We Love This Watch
This is one of the best microbrand dive watches we've seen that will never be on Kickstarter. Limited to only 100 timepieces per color, the specs on this are simply stunning for the price: Rich sunburst gradient dials topped with an angled 120 click unidirectional ceramic bezel and high dome bubble-like sapphire crystal, set in a CuSn8 bronze case with no less than a 500 meter water rating, with a Swiss SW200-1 automatic movement with an edged date, thick Swiss C3 Super-Luminova lume on both the hands and the indices, a helium escape valve, knurled crown, a vintage leather travel case, a spring bar strap change tool, and three straps included, all with matching CuSn8 bronze hardware:
- A thick natural rubber strap.
- A stylish thick canvas strap backed with leather.
- A classic soft aged-style vintage leather strap.
Specifications aside, there's a lot for the eye to take in. The bezel is unusually 12 sided, and the almost cushion case is 8 sided, the two going very well together and adding another dimension to the design. The 316L marine grade stainless steel case back also features a debossed 3D illustration of the legendary Scylla, an appropriate choice as Scylla is a Greek mythological sea-creature, with twelve legs (one for each side of the bezel) and six heads.
This watch is being retailed initially as a pre-order, with an estimated delivery from the manufacturer in March 2019. Unlike Kickstarter and similar systems, you may cancel your pre-order of this watch at any time, up until the day before we ship the watch to you, and obtain a full refund.
To learn more about pre-orders, please visit our pre-orders page.
What's In The Box
- 1x Decima Scylla marine grade CuSn8 bronze watch.
- 1x vintage natural leather watch travel case.
- 1x thick natural rubber dive strap with marine grade CuSn8 bronze hardware.
- 1x thick canvas strap with leather backing and marine grade CuSn8 bronze hardware.
- 1x extra tanned soft natural leather vintage watch strap with marine grade CuSn8 bronze hardware.
- 1x spring bar tool for changing watch straps.
- 1x The Microbrand Store™ microfiber watch cleaning cloth.
- 1x 2 year international warranty card.
- 1x user guide / manual.
- Type: Microbrand watch.
- Reference: Decima Scylla Bronze Green.
- Limited Edition Size: 100 timepieces.
- Complications: Edged date window at 6 o'clock, and helium escape valve.
- Color Scheme: Green with white and bronze accents.
- Water Resistance: 50 ATM / 500 meters / 1,640 feet.
- Diameter: 44mm, excluding 8mm crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 50mm.
- Lug Width: 22mm.
- Height: 14mm excluding crystal.
- Case: Marine grade CuSn8 bronze 8 sided case.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade steel screw down case back featuring an artistic debossed 3D image of Scylla, a mythological sea creature.
- Dial Type: Radient sunburst green dial with fumé effect gradient moving from darker color on the outside to a lighter color in the middle.
- Dial Glass: High dome scratch resistant double-domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.
- Bezel: 120 click unidirectional lumed green 12 sided ceramic bezel raised at an angle to match the contour of the high domed crystal.
- Lume: Swiss Super-Luminova C3 lume on the hands, indices, and bezel.
- Straps Included: 1x 22mm sand-colored canvas strap with leather backing and CuSn8 bronze hardware. 1x 22mm soft vintage natural leather strap with CuSn8 bronze hardware. 1x 22mm natural rubber dive strap with CuSn8 bronze hardware.
- Movement: 26 jewel Swiss Sellita SW200-1 automatic movement.
- Oscillation: High beat 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: Up to 38 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
Phoibos Wave Master - Blue (With Date)
PolAm Hamtramck with extra Premium Strap
Spinnaker Wreck SP-5051-01 (Antiqued)
Neminus Spaceman - Earth Dweller - Swiss Made Limited Edition - Store Exclusive