Duckworth Prestex Verimatic - Orange Fumé LE with Brown Italian Suede Straps
We've cherry picked the 3 best Duckworth Prestex Verimatic color options for our customers. This is the orange-brown dial model (reference D891-05) carefully paired with matching dark brown Italian suede straps that allow the eye-catching dial to really stand out.
Why We Love This Watch
A Vintage Design with Some Real History
Neil Duckworth, the founder of this British microbrand, produced these watches as a homage to the Prestex pocket and dress watches from the 1st half of the 20th century. Prestex was a home-grown British microbrand run by Neil's family that faded away in the 1950s when Swiss watches became more popular, so this is very much a personal project for him. We can see wonderful vintage design cues such as the outer minute track from the pocket watches and Arabic hour numerals from the earlier dress watches, with some other great period touches too such as the cushion case design, all in an overall arrangement that we think looks absolutely stunning.
Good Looks with Engineering to Match
Immediately we're drawn to the refined looks of this Duckworth Prestex Verimatic, with a textured gradient dial that slowly transitions from a dark brown on the outer edge to a lighter more orange-brown hue in the center, and carefully matched color and texturing on the comfortable dark brown Italian suede leather straps.
The limited edition Duckworth Prestex Verimatic Orange Fumé may have the look of a delicate dress watch from yesteryear, but don't let the look fool you. With 200 meters of water resistance, (double that of many modern dive watches,) a very robust automatic movement, and high grade Swiss Super-LumiNova BGW9 lume, this watch is equally at home on your wrist for life's everyday adventures too.
Type: Microbrand dress watch with vintage styling.
- Reference: Duckworth Prestex Verimatic 39mm Orange Fumé, D891-05.
- Limited Edition: 500 timepieces, with the serial number engraved on the back.
- Color Scheme: Orange fume dial gradiating from dark brown on the outside to a lighter orange-brown at the center, with white lume filled indices and hands that glow blue, blue accents on the second hand and outer track, and subtly darker hued text on the dial. Comes with matching dark brown Italian suede straps.
- Water Resistance: 20 ATM / 200 meters / 660 feet, twice that of many divers.
- Diameter: 39mm, excluding crown.
- Lug-to-Lug Length: 46½mm.
- Lug Width: 20mm.
- Height: 11mm.
Case: 316L marine grade stainless steel cushion-shaped case with vertical brushing accented by highly polished chamfered edges, and screw down crown.
- Case Back: 316L marine grade stainless steel screw down case back with a duck in flight decorative engraving and limited edition serial number.
- Dial: Textured fumé (gradient) dial, with Arabic numeral hour indices in the style of Prestex dress watches from the first half of the 20th century. Outer track for minutes and seconds in the style of Prestex pocket watches from the 1920s, which in turn take their design cue from 19th century deck chronometers.
- Dial Crystal: Scratch resistant double-domed sapphire crystal with anti‑reflective coating on the underside.
Lume: Premium grade Swiss Super-LumiNova BGW9 lume.
(Glows blue in the dark when charged.)
- Straps Included: A matching pair of hand-made dark brown Italian suede straps with similar texturing to the dial, quick release pins, and a leather lining.
- Packaging: Presentation box, manual, warranty card & micro-fiber cloth.
- Movement: 24 jewel Miyota 9039 high beat automatic movement.
- Oscillation: 28,800 BPH, (8 ticks per second.)
- Hacks: Yes.
- Hand Winds: Yes.
- Automatic Winding: Yes.
- Power Reserve: 42 hours.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 years.
We Also Recommend
Relio Solstice Copper - Sports Watch (Salmon Sunburst)
Relio Solstice Noir - Sports Watch (Black Sunburst Dial)
Relio Solstice Red - Sports Watch (Burgundy Fumé Sunburst)
Duckworth Prestex Verimatic - Black Fumé LE with Beige Italian Suede Straps